Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladder question

How do I join the challenge ladder?

Is there any interest in larger PBEM games on the order of 3-8 people?
    --Higgs

Just post on the ladder that you'd like to start a game with someone and you're on as soon as your first match gets underway. Let us know what level you've beaten in a single player game and we'll set you up with someone who is a good match. Or you can just issue a challenge to someone. If you've beaten deity you can probably hang with most anyone for a while at least. But playing a good human player is very different than the AI. Rules state that people higher up on the ladder can decline to play you until you've worked your way up from the bottom, but the 'ladder gang' isn't too snobby. I'd offer to start up a match with you, but I'm in the middle of selling my house and moving over the next couple months, so I'm trying not to start up any new matches until that's all done. I seem to remember you posting in the past though, you've been around before, haven't you? The Ayn Rand moniker is easy to remember.

Comment

CTP PBEM games with 3 or more players tend to drag on for a long time and most never finish. 2 player games, i.e. challenge matches, seem to work the best here. We've started over 200 matches and of those, about 75% of them have finished. Not a bad record.

Comment

It's true that games with more than two players drag on forever, but if you have a few people that you KNOW are reliable about playing turns, they have been some of the funnest games I've ever played. We're moving this summer, but once we get settled in August or so, I'd love to start up a game with 3 or 4 players.

Comment

Well August sounds like a good time for me. I'm going to be out of country in July but August should be fine.
          --Higgs

Comment

Originally posted by thehappies View Post
            It's true that games with more than two players drag on forever, but if you have a few people that you KNOW are reliable about playing turns, they have been some of the funnest games I've ever played. We're moving this summer, but once we get settled in August or so, I'd love to start up a game with 3 or 4 players.
            Yeah... like the game where you and Frogman WHOOPED me and Birdman??!! Fun for you, maybe!!! Actually, that WAS a great game. You both played great

Comment

Working...
            X