Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CtP on XP

Hi @ all,

This might be an old question to some but since I only got CtP from a friend (who was to throw it away otherwise) I wonder if anybody can help me in getting the game to work on my XP computer. What do I need to do to get it running? At the moment nothing happens when I press the "play" button; I return to my desktop. I tried patch 1.2 but that does not seem to be the reason since I am told that I already have the latest version. Is it the video driver?

Thx in advance for your help,
    hubito

Originally posted by hubito View Post
    Hi @ all,

This might be an old question to some but since I only got CtP from a friend (who was to throw it away otherwise) I wonder if anybody can help me in getting the game to work on my XP computer. What do I need to do to get it running? At the moment nothing happens when I press the "play" button; I return to my desktop. I tried patch 1.2 but that does not seem to be the reason since I am told that I already have the latest version. Is it the video driver?

Thx in advance for your help,
    hubito

First, Welcome!

Im at work, but go to your hard drive (C drive)>Program files>Activision (or Activision Plus)>CTP and find an ICON the is the .exe file for CTP.

"Right-Click" and find the properties tab and clikc "Compatabilty" with the latest edition in the window, maybe 98, maybe 2000

that sometimes helps my friend

Best of luck.

Gramps

Oh, one other thing, for some reason I just remembered, I would try and get a CTD (Crash To Desktop) and had to go to "MY COMPUTER" and double click the drive the disc was in to get it to load up.

Why?

Have no idea

Hope it helps, please post back with any progress

Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Did not work...

Hi and thx for the advice. I am afraid it did not work, though. I had tried the compatibility mode before already. No idea why it does not work. Does anybody have any other ideas?

Best regards,
      hubito

Comment

Working...
      X