Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just reinstalled CtP for the first time in about 4 years (or so, likely more). Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just reinstalled CtP for the first time in about 4 years (or so, likely more). Questions.

Ok, these will seem rather noobish, because I have to apologize that I lost my manual. If there's a pdf I can download said manual or somesuch that would be great, otherwise, I have a couple real noob questions.

Most of it is fairly easy and I vaguely remember it from years ago (ahh, the joy of marching slavers and clerics around converting people), but I'm having a few issues.

First issue: I CAN'T TRADE!

No, seriously, what the heck? I have the trade tech, I built a slew of caravans, I have goods in two city's radii, but for some reason I can't get the goods to appear on the export list. Am I missing something? Is there some sort of public works that I need to build in order to be able to trade a particular good? If so what?

Can you build any public work on any tile so long as you have sufficient PW set up for it? (For instance: Mines on Mountains, Irrigation in forests, etc), or is it only certain ones in certain areas?

So very confused. Been too long since I looked at this game, but the laptop my gf has at her apartment is older than dust and it won't run my other civ games, so I snuck over my CtP cd and launched it... then realized I don't know how to play.

Me.

Oh, and for the record I've got 1.2/1.21 hack, and apolyton pack.

If that matters.

Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodeous View Post
      First issue: I CAN'T TRADE!

No, seriously, what the heck? I have the trade tech, I built a slew of caravans, I have goods in two city's radii, but for some reason I can't get the goods to appear on the export list. Am I missing something? Is there some sort of public works that I need to build in order to be able to trade a particular good? If so what?
      You need to have a worker on the tile with the good, just right click on the city and you can reallocate the workers.

Can you build any public work on any tile so long as you have sufficient PW set up for it? (For instance: Mines on Mountains, Irrigation in forests, etc), or is it only certain ones in certain areas?
      You cannot put farms on forests, you have to terraform the forest to plans or grassland first.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Thanks a lot, Martin. That explains the issue.

I have been eyeing your CtP2 AE "mod" that you've got going. I feel I may need to pick up CtP2. I never actually bought it because of how horribly broken I heard it was (and I hadn't found apolyton by the time I got sick of the absolutely TRAGIC AI that CtP1 had from release), but after looking over your work I think I need to pick it up, and it's pretty easy to find nowadays for $5-$10, so how can you go wrong? CtP was such a great game. . . for being so broken. . .

Me.

Comment

I have been eyeing your CtP2 AE "mod" that you've got going. I feel I may need to pick up CtP2. I never actually bought it because of how horribly broken I heard it was (and I hadn't found apolyton by the time I got sick of the absolutely TRAGIC AI that CtP1 had from release), but after looking over your work I think I need to pick it up, and it's pretty easy to find nowadays for $5-$10, so how can you go wrong? CtP was such a great game. . . for being so broken. . .
          That's right CTP2 was terrible broken, in fact you could say that it had no AI. Which changed in my last game a big AI player just conquered my neighbor an AI player that was big, too.

For the price I am sure that you can pick it up at ebay much cheaper.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
          X