CTP wont complete install on win. xp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP wont complete install on win. xp

A few years ago I bought a new pc. and went from win. 98 to xp. I noticed then that after installing CTP would crash to desktop when it was played. Now years later i still have the same pc. with xp and i seen the post about CTP crashing to desktop with xp. I thought i would try the fix actions posted for that problem. But, now on the same pc i was able to install the game on years ago, it won't even complete the install. When the game is put in the cd drive and after i choose the directory the game will check the directory then when the percent of installation starts to show the music will start skipping like a bad record, the percent counter will go up to 99.4% on maximum and 98.5% on minimum install and stop. you could wait an hour on it and nothing no change. I verified my copy by installing it on another person pc that has win. 2000 and the game worked perfect. Please help i would like the get the game to install again so i can address the CTD problem now THANKs.

install in safe mode. its prolly an application conflict.

Comment

I should have posted this sooner, but i forgot about the post. thanks for your help. turns out I was able to step down the hardware acceleration until it installed and then raise it back and play the game in 95mode thanks for your help though.

Comment

Working...
      X