Scenario instructions request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario instructions request

a while ago I sent hatchy a private message but never got a responce so I am posting here instead. please respond.

here is the message I sent.

I would like to request instructions for my scenarios. I havent had time for CTP for a while but now I do. I downloaded your test.zip and tried playing the scenario game and it worked with a map after I tried several different methods. the problem was that I was loading the game from a map file so that I could save the map that I loaded to my scenario which I thought would work. I did this because I was having problems loading a pre-made map that wouldnt load after reading the derections from CTP maps.com many times which lead me to try another method. I later tried the derectrions again recently and it worked therfore I was able to turn on my scenario, launch the map editor, load the pre-made map, saved it, moved the map file to my scenario so it would work correctly. Anyway I am going to make more scenarios and would like instuctions for the following:

how to make it to where each civalization can only have certain advances and those advances are the only advances that they can have.

how to make it to where civalizations have goverments that stay the same throughout the whole scenario.

how to make it to where a civalizations can only make ceartain units.

how to make it to where civalizations can only make certain city improvements.

how to make it to where civalizations can only make certain tile improvements.

how to start a scenario with civalizations permanantly allied,permanantly love,permanantly like, permanantly neutral, permanantly hate or permantly at war with other civalizations and they stay that way throughout the whole scenario

how to add music to the game and have the scenario start playing that music once the scenario starts.

how to keep the year the same until after a number of certain turns or keep ther year the same throughout the whole scenario if possable.

Well I would know how to do all those things in CTP2.

Originally posted by ctp1addict
    how to add music to the game and have the scenario start playing that music once the scenario starts.
    One possibility would be to replace the CD on game start after the CD by a normal audio CD.

If you want to do it more elegantly you may use the slic function PlaySound to start a sound. To do that you have to add an entry to sounds.txt and the according *.wav file to your ...\ctp_data\default\sound directory. If you need more bits of information about slic you can consult the Apolyton CTP1 modification pages.

Originally posted by ctp1addicthow to keep the year the same until after a number of certain turns or keep ther year the same throughout the whole scenario if possable.
    In CTP2 you can put a turnlength.txt into your scenario \scen000X subfolder. It simply contains a list of dates sepearted by new lines. But I doubt that this works in CTP1.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
    X