Game Terminates at Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Terminates at Launch

I was browsing the forum for any information that pertains to my problem directly. I'm running XP pro and I know it worked on it prior to a reinstall of windows on my machine. Now, however, it will launch and crash instantaneously with a message box stating the game has terminated abruptly with a code: "CRC: FE49-CCF1". I'm not certain what to do, does anyone else face this problem?

~M.

Re: Game Terminates at Launch

Originally posted by ayetach
    I was browsing the forum for any information that pertains to my problem directly. I'm running XP pro and I know it worked on it prior to a reinstall of windows on my machine. Now, however, it will launch and crash instantaneously with a message box stating the game has terminated abruptly with a code: "CRC: FE49-CCF1". I'm not certain what to do, does anyone else face this problem?

~M.
    Try right clicking on the .EXE Icon for the call To Power game, and under properties, change to allow compatability for say WIN95 or 98, see if that helps, because I dont believe you can make it compatible for XP (any version)

Good luck

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Hey thanks! It seems to work now, strange it does that now as it had worked on XP prior.

Comment

Hey thanks! It seems to work now, strange it does that now as it had worked on XP prior.
        Your welcome, and come try some PBEM when you get ready

Comment

PBEM? Hmm, I noticed that acronym was mentioned several times around these forums. Is it a type of multi-player online?

Comment

PBEM? Hmm, I noticed that acronym was mentioned several times around these forums. Is it a type of multi-player online?

This is the Multiplayer Forum and we play a lot of PBEM (Play By E-Mail) where you play a turn and send it to the next player.

Its a lot slower than an actual MP Game, but lots of fun.
            Check out one of the threads and post in the challenge thread and we will make sure you find someone to play

Good luck

Gramps

Comment

I'll check it out, thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
              X