minimum requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minimum requirements

when I install ctp1 it states that my computer does not meet minimum requirements: 4times cdrom, although I have a dvd rom which should recognize cd's as well. Anybody know a fix for this? I tried the 1.2 update but no go.

thanks!

Could you provide more info about your computer specifications & environment and the steps your take to install CTP?

Comment

I have a one year old Dell lap top inspiron 5160 with a 1.2 ghz processor with a dvd/cdrw drive. I also have a Gateway intel dualcore processor pentium D processor 820 with a dvdrw and dvd rom drive. minimum requirement of 4xcdrom drive not met on both systems when I try to install. I've tried the full but not the minimum install. But the minimum requirement statement comes right at the beginning of the installation process. I've tried shutting down all other programs but still doesn't work.

Comment

Not sure what the problem is...

A. Should I presume that the problem occurs on both computers?
        B. Have you tried to install it on a third computer? If it does not install on a third computer then probably the problem must be with your copy of CTP.
        C. Have you verified the speed of your DVD-ROM? CD burning software usually provide options or tools to determine the speed of your DVD-ROM/DVD-RW
        D. Have you checked the DVD-ROM manufacturer's website for troublesooting and firmware updates?
        E. Have you tried to run the installer in compatibility mode e.g. Windows 98 compatibility mode? Although it should normally run under pure Windows XP environment.
        F. Have you ever experienced a similar issue with other software in the past on the same computer?

Comment

When I installed on my dual core Athlon 64 system, I got the message
          Some parts of your system did not satisfy the minimum system requirements for Civilization Call To Power. You may still choose to continue installation.
          Pentium(r) 133 MHz processor or better
          The installation program gave me three options: "Back", "Cancel" and "Next". I chose "Next" and everything was OK.

Comment

Working...
          X