Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disk scratch

hello,

i just found my old copy of CTP, but it has a bad scratch in it. I've tried every way that i know of to try to read it, but keep getting errors (cyclic redundancy check) for about half the files. When i try to install it gets to 12% then errors out. I can get all the files exept civmain.ctp off the disk to burn it to a CD-R. I've tried a few of the CD riping programs out there, but get the CRC error for civmain.ctp every time.

Anyone know where i can get a copy of that file, a way to get the it off the disk, or even a new copy of CTP?

Re: disk scratch

Originally posted by Rasip
    hello,

i just found my old copy of CTP, but it has a bad scratch in it. I've tried every way that i know of to try to read it, but keep getting errors (cyclic redundancy check) for about half the files. When i try to install it gets to 12% then errors out. I can get all the files exept civmain.ctp off the disk to burn it to a CD-R. I've tried a few of the CD riping programs out there, but get the CRC error for civmain.ctp every time.

Anyone know where i can get a copy of that file, a way to get the it off the disk, or even a new copy of CTP?
    try Amazon

or go to Gooogle.com and type in Call To Power

They should have the game

a couple bucks its well worth it my friend

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I know your pain. It almost happened to me as well. The game would install to 95% (!) and then bug the CD with weird noises coming out of it until it finally gave up and showed me a Cyclic Redundancy Check Error message. Just couldn't read the drive. Only by some miracle I managed to have it read once, at just the time when I tried to make a copy of the CD.

Of course most of us wouldn't mind paying a few bucks to get this game back. The problem is usually online shopping. Not everyone has a credit card and some of those who do have it don't trust online shopping enough to just send their numbers away. So it's sometimes an issue of more than simply a few bucks. It was for me, anyway. If I didn't luck out and my original disk managed to read, I'd be without this game today.

Comment

Working...
      X