Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• were can I get scenario-editor beta??

Hello Fans !

I got a problem with the ctp scenario-editor.
    I can enter and create a new map. But the editor doesn't
    save the map,the save-game only.
    When I tried to load this save-game it did'nt work, because the map was missing.

Is this a bug of my CTP ?
    Is there a patch to fix it?

A few days before I tried to download the editor's beta-version, but it's a bad link:

Could someone help me please ?

HANSOLO, may the power be with you

I don't know these things very well, but isn't the beta-editor the same you were using?

Anyways, that's a pretty common problem, and Activision really didn't fix that, I guess. As said here, one way is to make a normal game, go to the editor, do your job, exit and then save it as a normal game.

Here's the Apolyton 1.21 patch, but I don't remember, did it do any effect to this problem.

May the Force be with you, too
    The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
    - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

Thank you very well for your answer.
      I think my editor is the original 1.0 because I yust installed from
      an older CD. I think I will try to edit a normal game.
      I have written a support-mail to activision also, but I never
      got any answer. THis people ignoring me I think.
      What's wrong with them ?
      (I hope my English is not too bad, I'm a German fellow :-))
      See ya
      Han

Comment

Unfortunately, I havent heard of Activision answering any questions in response

As for the save , try making a scenario and saving it using the cheat mode.

Then when you start a game go to scenario, load the scenario to start with then go to the cheat menu and then load from there the save file

Hope it helps

Gramps
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
          Unfortunately, I havent heard of Activision answering any questions in response

As for the save , try making a scenario and saving it using the cheat mode.

Then when you start a game go to scenario, load the scenario to start with then go to the cheat menu and then load from there the save file

Hope it helps

Gramps
          If I enter the szenario-editor directly, I'm unable to save a szenario. The editor creates a save-game but no map or szenario-file.
          But yesterday I started with a normal random-created game and changed the map and the civs in cheat-mode. This worked and I could save as save-game (normal-mode, I didn't try the save-button of cheat-mode)
          Theres just one problem left.
          If I wish to clear and recreate the whole map, all units are gone and the game is over (I lost). How can I clear the map and play the game??

Thanks
          Han

Comment

Hello Pave, you were right. I already have CTP 1.2 and Editor-beta !! My CD is younger than I thought.

And I finally made it!!

I didn't know (since yesterday) that I have to create the corresponding directories and the pack/scenario-txt-files manually, from the operating system.
            But now I found the helpfile and did all steps word by word.

But why Activision programmed the game without automatic directory and txt-creation ?? I could do this easily.

THANKS to all!! HAN

ps:
            Is there a Perry-Rhodan-Fan ?? I think I try to create some kind of PR-Szenario if no-one did up today !!

Comment

Working...
            X