Tile Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tile Improvements

Are there any programs to mod or create tile improvements?

I don't know where to look to add or mod tile improvements.

Tile improvement modding in CTP1 is very limiting, except renaming, exchanging their icon, and modifying their enabling advance and obsolete advances you cannot do anything. That includes adding new ones. In CTP2 the whole issure looks much different.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

If only I had CIV2 or 3

Comment

Originally posted by ToRnAdOlUrKeR
        If only I had CIV2 or 3
        I hope you mean CTP2 instead of Civ2, because in Civ2 you can't add a tile improvement either. And modding tile improvements there is also very limited. From what I have seen is that you are limited to forts, airfields, roads, railroads, irrigation (farm 1), farmland (farm 2) and mines. You can only replace their graphics on the lost of the original graphics. Well this is also possible in CTP1. In Civ2 you can change their boni unlike in CTP1 but like in CTP2.

However in CTP2 you can do a lot like changing their enabling advance, I don't see how you can do it in Civ2, their PW cost, their construction time, whether they give vision, defence. At least you have controll in CTP1 about the properties of Forts air fields, sonar bouys, radar stations and listening posts. For some reason they do the distinction between installations and tileimprovements in CTP1.

However I see that you have full controll about tileimprovements in CTP2, therefore I cannot understand why whishing to have Civ2 in comparision to it. And considering the moddability of Civ3 in comparison to CTP2, I doubt that you have more control over the tile improvements in Civ3 than in CTP2.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

This is still a sweet game and well, shes old and shes bold but shes still my gal...Call To Power

Grandpa Troll
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
            Tile improvement modding in CTP1 is very limiting, except renaming, exchanging their icon, and modifying their enabling advance and obsolete advances you cannot do anything. That includes adding new ones. In CTP2 the whole issure looks much different.

-Martin
            A listening post is considered an installation, correct?

so in relation to a tile improvement you speaking of what?..terrain? or more along the line of roads,railroads,farms or mines?

I guess I am searching so to help me in my modding experience

Thanks

Gramps
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
              A listening post is considered an installation, correct?

so in relation to a tile improvement you speaking of what?..terrain? or more along the line of roads,railroads,farms or mines?

I guess I am searching so to help me in my modding experience
              In CTP1 a listening post is an installation, and is handled somewhat differently from the more "standard" tile improvements like roads, farms, etc. However, in CTP2, they are on more of an equal footing.

Comment

Working...
              X