CTP PBEM Challenge Ladder - February 2005+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mathemagician
    sounds stable. so you could give green light ?

I would have to go through and document all changes

I may do this its just when I posted I was working on an epic I got such limited responses I decided to just play as a sp scenario

I would if I found enough responses

I just didnt feel like wasting anyones time like my own if not any interest was raised

Bruce
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

well, dont hurry because of me. it was just an idea.
      but if you start a game with the scenario, let me know.
      Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
      O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

Ill be working on it and once set will post and see if we can get something going

Gramps

Comment

small ladder update !
          Challenge match #142 (Math - berXpert) added.

notes:
          - i cancelled only the one blackice match where it was specifically requested by Milamber. lets hope he resumes the rest.
          - when possible i will try to put the challenging player's name first in the list of challenge matches. just a cosmetic thing.

Comment

if ice does come back and has the turn i'm still willing to finnish out that challenge match. the turn is with him
            I heard a loud voice, I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! It's rider was named Death, and hades was following close behind him. They were given power over one fourth of the earth to kill by the sword, famine and plague.
            Revelation 6:8

Comment

ok, just remind me when it happens. the way it is, it is easy to "uncancel" a game.

Comment

small ladder update !
                Challenge match #142 (Math - berXpert) added.

notes:
                - i cancelled only the one blackice match where it was specifically requested by Milamber. lets hope he resumes the rest.
                - when possible i will try to put the challenging player's name first in the list of challenge matches. just a cosmetic thing.
                Great idea

Keep up the good work Math

Comment

OK, given Blackice's absence, I'm going to challenge the other 2 people above me within range - EPW and Dimytes.

En guarde!

Comment

The match game 113 is over, but I think we forgot to report it here previously. I won that one.
                    If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik
                      OK, given Blackice's absence, I'm going to challenge the other 2 people above me within range - EPW and Dimytes.

En guarde!
                      since EPW is MIA unfortunately you cannot advance past him

Comment

what is MIA and what do you mean ? are just making fun or referring to any rule i may be missing ?

Comment

what is MIA and what do you mean ? are just making fun or referring to any rule i may be missing ?
                          Epw is MIA MISSING IN ACTION for a bit due to personal reasons

I tried challenging someone in a similiar situation and was told I could not advance

I had a game going with someone whom I really dont recall they just dissappear (hence MIA)

Just sharing is all

Gramps
                          Attached Files

Comment

please, could you dig up that old post with your situation, Troll. or explain as precise as possible what the situation was.

do you mean ricketyclik cannot challenge someone who is MIA ?
                            do you mean ricketyclik cannot challenge one slot higher if someone is MIA ?
                            or do you really mean that ricketyclik cannot pass someone on the challenge ladder who is MIA even if he plays and beats someone above that person, which would sound rather strange to me ?

please, i need any information i can get about how which situation was handled when quinns was running this thing in order to prevent any descrepancies from ever happening.
                            if this turns out to be one of those loopholes and we cannot get it resolved peacefully, i'll be out of this job again before you can say boo !

Comment

please, could you dig up that old post with your situation, Troll. or explain as precise as possible what the situation was.

do you mean ricketyclik cannot challenge someone who is MIA ?
                              do you mean ricketyclik cannot challenge one slot higher if someone is MIA ?
                              or do you really mean that ricketyclik cannot pass someone on the challenge ladder who is MIA even if he plays and beats someone above that person, which would sound rather strange to me ?

please, i need any information i can get about how which situation was handled when quinns was running this thing in order to prevent any descrepancies from ever happening.
                              if this turns out to be one of those loopholes and we cannot get it resolved peacefully, i'll be out of this job again before you can say boo !
                              Actually with as few people here as are

I say this:

Code:
                              [color=red][b]MATH IS THE MODERATOR AND WE SHOULD ALL SUPPORT HIS FAIR AND IMPARTIAL DECISIONS[/B][/COLOR]
                              I honestly believe Math you do a very fair job

You stepped up

You run it fair and impartially as possible, using the rules as a guide set forth and have the posts here as literary prose to base future deisions on

You be the KING

we be the loyal subjects

You have my support

Gramps
                              Attached Files

Comment

ok, so i will assume that Troll meant that you cannot challenge past anyone who is "MIA" (which i would translate as "not yet counting as totally inactive").
                                about the definition of that, i'll leave that for another time. let's just say blackice is "MIA" for now.

that means ricketyclik can without problems challenge EPW and can surpass EPW in any way as well.
                                this would also mean that ricketyclik cannot challenge Dimytes (who is 4 spots above ricketyclik).

however, there have also been precedences of people challenging more than 3 slots upwards (like EPW or ricketyclik have challenged me, and probably others can give examples as well). you could always just 'suggest' a challenge and have the higher ranked person challenge the lower ranked.
                                so, in effect it is more like that you can turn down any challenge from someone further than 3 slots below you without a reason given - as you are not obliged to challenge him back.
                                in this way ricketyclik can challenge Dimytes, but Dimytes doesnt need to respond to it. or Dimytes could just challenge ricketyclik.

i hope everyone can agree with this conclusion.

if not, it simply changes two things:
                                - the person initiating the challenge would formally be someone else.
                                - player A suggests a challenge to player B (with B > A+3) , player B may take that suggestion and challenge player A - instead of player A challenging B right away where player B may accept it.

Comment

Working...
                                X