No announcement yet.

CTP PBEM Challenge Ladder - February 2005+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, how many turns was that game? You guys finished it in 22 days!!

Comment

• I surrendered at turn 115.

Though I was ahead in science with 3-4, I couldn't win the game. I was far-far behind i population (and production I guess) - the difference grow bigger and bigger for every turn.

TBM
      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBirdMan
        I surrendered at turn 115.

Though I was ahead in science with 3-4, I couldn't win the game. I was far-far behind i population (and production I guess) - the difference grow bigger and bigger for every turn.

TBM
        It does not appeal to everyone, but couldn't you have tried for a draw?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnzim
          I guess people tend to ignore the fact that the most important resource for a game like this is still the time in your real life. Therefore, if the chances for a draw are very small, it makes more sense to just concede the game.
          Besides, how often does a draw in CTP really happen ? Both civs would have to die at the exact same turn or have the exact same score at the end of the game. This is highly unlikely.
          Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
          O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• Originally posted by johnzim
            Therewas no possibility of a tie, his onyl chance was to launch a surprise attack and hope to catch me off gaurd- he almost succeeded, but attacked my outlying cities rather than my core- and I was able to rush troops to stop the incursion. Now I'm just flinging mass amounts of troops at his cities...
            "

Comment

• Good points, all. I was thinking that if an AI civ "wins" on wonders or points, with both humans surviving till the end, it's a draw. Obviously not correct, and I need to review the ladder match rules.

Comment

• This game, we had agreed to no wonders and no ruins.

Therefore I used Gumpolds/Maths "No-AI" scenario, where the AI is "killed" in the first turn.
                First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• That makes a draw rather difficult.

Comment

• Challenge match #155 EPW def. Grandpa Troll Started Apr-8, 2006 -- Finished May-4, 2006; turn 147
                    "

Comment

• You could have a draw if both players agreed to it -- Like Berxpert and I did awhile back.

Comment

• Ïî ðóññêè êòî íèáóäü áàçàðèò?

__________________________________________________________________________
                        Life is Goooooooooooooooooood

Comment

• Ïî ðóññêè êòî íèáóäü áàçàðèò?

Comment

• Originally posted by montega
                            Ïî ðóññêè êòî íèáóäü áàçàðèò?

Riiiiight

Comment

• I don't think so. I'd rather say "No, but perhaps soon."

Comment

• If you "reply with quote" you will see that montega was spamming with links to commercial sites.

That's the 1st time I've seen that on this site, but it looks like someone foiled his evil plans

Comment

Working...
                                X