No announcement yet.

CTP PBEM Challenge Ladder - February 2005+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #148: thehappies vs. Platypus rex finished on turn 40.
    thehappies wins.

Not that satisfying of a victory--he got socked by an agressive AI before I ever even left my cozy little island.

Comment

• Originally posted by thehappies
      Game #148: thehappies vs. Platypus rex finished on turn 40.
      thehappies wins.

Not that satisfying of a victory--he got socked by an agressive AI before I ever even left my cozy little island.
      Very similar thing happened in my game with P-Rex. He needs to trade in his luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnzim
        Thanks for updating the Ladder! I'm no longer a winless wunder.

Also, I would like to issue a Challenge to Frozzy.
        Frozzy doesn't seem to be on the board any more? No email address.

In the event he does not respond shortly:

Challenge to Mieciofok!

Comment

• Challenge match #151 thehappies vs. platypus rex . . . REMATCH

Same settings as before except 3 AI, prince level, and roaming barbarians.

Comment

• So, ahem, Frozzy and Mieciofok have not responded to my challenges in any way. I request that they be considered "inactive" and dropped to the bottom of the ladder. Buehler?

Comment

• So what's with this forum and the Ladder? Am I witnessing the death of competitive CtP I ??

Comment

So what's with this forum and the Ladder? Am I witnessing the death of competitive CtP I ??
                whats this am I witnessing a missed opportunity for a save

Actually we must continue to keep this alive

Let us continue to keep posting and keep active and invite new victims unto our fold
                Attached Files
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Mathemagician just kinda took over running this because nobody else was, so it won't be updated quite as often as before. But there are still a number of people on the ladder who are active. So keep challenging away until you get to someone who responds

Comment

Mathemagician just kinda took over running this because nobody else was, so it won't be updated quite as often as before. But there are still a number of people on the ladder who are active. So keep challenging away until you get to someone who responds
                    Here Here

Comment

• dont worry people. as thehappies said, i will keep updating the ladder, just probably not every two weeks.
                      Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
                      O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• Okay, since I can't seem to get a match with anyone who I'm technically allowed to challenge, I issue the following challenge:

Johnzim challenges ANYONE in the lower half of the ladder who has the time and inclination to play a ladder match with me.

Comment

• ok, ok, I looked at the ladder and I guess I'm the next one up from you that you need to beat to move up. But I plan on NOT letting you do that

Why don't you start it off and send turn 0 to thehappies at yahoo. Whatever settings you want are fine.

Or if you want, I can get a 3rd party to set up a "quick start" for us where we both start with a bunch of settlers, extra gold and pw, and advancements up to the era where we're getting advanced farms and stuff. Let me know if you'd rather do that and I'll have someone else start it off for us.

Comment

Okay, since I can't seem to get a match with anyone who I'm technically allowed to challenge, I issue the following challenge:

Johnzim challenges ANYONE in the lower half of the ladder who has the time and inclination to play a ladder match with me.
                            you bet ya

Comment

ok, ok, I looked at the ladder and I guess I'm the next one up from you that you need to beat to move up. But I plan on NOT letting you do that

Why don't you start it off and send turn 0 to thehappies at yahoo. Whatever settings you want are fine.

Or if you want, I can get a 3rd party to set up a "quick start" for us where we both start with a bunch of settlers, extra gold and pw, and advancements up to the era where we're getting advanced farms and stuff. Let me know if you'd rather do that and I'll have someone else start it off for us.
                              i think we agreed to drop anyone as inactive who doesnt respond to a challenge at all, right ?
                              in that case, for each person within your legal "3-places-upward" range who doesnt respond to a challenge, just extend your range by 1 person upward and challenge that person if you like.
                              Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
                              O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mathemagician

i think we agreed to drop anyone as inactive who doesnt respond to a challenge at all, right ?
                                in that case, for each person within your legal "3-places-upward" range who doesnt respond to a challenge, just extend your range by 1 person upward and challenge that person if you like.
                                Thanks Math

excellent idea

Comment

Working...
                                X