When happy cities riot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When happy cities riot?

I can't figure out why cities seem to randomly riot. I'm in a PBEM game right now and for the last few turns I've had a single city riot (a different city each time). Their happiness is like 76, both before and during the riot. Does anyone know what causes this or if it's just a bug?

Have you compared the description of what is affecting the happiness of the city (Amongst the tabs) on those turns when it is rioting with that on those turns when it is happy?

Comment

I just undeleted my last few turns and checked...the descriptions are the same.

Comment

Strange... my best guess would be strange bug, but perhaps someone else has a deeper insight.

Comment

If you had a moderator that you both copied your saves to, they might be able to help.
          "I draw your attention to the words of Werner Erhard, who declared that true clarity can come only when someone is willing to notice: 'There is something I do not know, the knowing of which could change everything.' " - Conversations with God, book 3

Comment

a couple of cities will riot when you end the previous turn with very few money.
            my theory is that the game implicitly decreases wages for some cities to prevent buildings from being sold, which causes unhappiness. it then resets the wages for the remaining cities. so once you see your turn, your slider settings are normal, yet some cities are rioting.
            Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
            O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

also there is the "delayed capitol distance" bug.
              this causes the happiness change from the distance of a city to your capitol to not be shown on the turn you found the city. these cities will seem alright but occasionally riot on your next turn (when the capitol distance drops happiness below 73). since they hadnt stored food yet, they will starve then.

Comment

Worthy points to consider Mathemagician.

Keith

Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Alpha-Quadrant, Milky Way

("Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", I have no idea who said that.)
                "I draw your attention to the words of Werner Erhard, who declared that true clarity can come only when someone is willing to notice: 'There is something I do not know, the knowing of which could change everything.' " - Conversations with God, book 3

Comment

ah ! someone from the neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathemagician
                    ah ! someone from the neighborhood.

Comment

Working...
                    X