Odd Map Squares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Map Squares

Very seldom I find an odd acting square. I send a settler with accompaning military unit to settle a map square, and when I click on the settler, it jumps from the square it was on to an adjacent square. If I try to create a city on the square the settler is on, then the city appears in an adjacent square. This is certainly not a game stopper, but a real irritant. Any suggestions?
    "One more such victory and we are undone" - Pyrrhus of Epirus

Is it possible that you might have set a predetermined path on the previous turn that didn't activate till you selected the settler?
    "I draw your attention to the words of Werner Erhard, who declared that true clarity can come only when someone is willing to notice: 'There is something I do not know, the knowing of which could change everything.' " - Conversations with God, book 3

Comment

Sounds like a graphics glitch..for if the settler was on a predetermined path it would not be able to settle until the following turn

sounds more like a graphics glitch

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

It's not a pathing problem, so it must be some kind of isolated graphics glitch. It's not that big of a problem, so I'm not to lose any sleep over it (any more than I'm already losing playing CTP into the wee hours). Thanks for the replies.
        "One more such victory and we are undone" - Pyrrhus of Epirus

Comment

welcome
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

You're right Gramps, thanks for look'in out.
            "I draw your attention to the words of Werner Erhard, who declared that true clarity can come only when someone is willing to notice: 'There is something I do not know, the knowing of which could change everything.' " - Conversations with God, book 3

Comment

Yes, I guess that's the relatively infamous "unit in wrong place" bug. Some games are plagued with it while most never see it at all. The cause remains a mystery.

Comment

Working...
              X