Loading Stealth Bombers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading Stealth Bombers

While I was confusing myself on operating in space, I thought it would be fun to toss in another confusion. So, I tried loading a couple units on stalth bombers. I suceeded once, but accidentally offloaded them in a city without knowing how it happened. I have not been able to reload them dispite multiple attempts.

I suspect that my first problem is something to do with loading them in a city, since it makes sense you can't do it while they are in flight. However, the mechanics of loading them in a city evades me. By the way, have somewhat the same proble with space planes, but they have the annoying habit of self loading when I don't want them to do so.

I'm sure that this will turn out to be something stupid that I'm doing, but please don't spare me. I want to know.
    "One more such victory and we are undone" - Pyrrhus of Epirus

It's not so obvious and they don't put it in the manual (I had to ask Activision).

Put the desired units (nukes only in bombers, some units are too large for the space plane) to sleep in a city or airbase and they will load when the aircraft leaves.
    "I draw your attention to the words of Werner Erhard, who declared that true clarity can come only when someone is willing to notice: 'There is something I do not know, the knowing of which could change everything.' " - Conversations with God, book 3

Comment

Aha! Put them to sleep - great! Thanks for the tip. Now for the strange thing: I too thought that only nukes could be loaded in Stealth Bombers, but I loaded two lawyers in one in order to move them quickly over terrain that had no roads (the ones I accidentally off-loaded in an in route city). You can bet this is one that I will play with in my current game.
      "One more such victory and we are undone" - Pyrrhus of Epirus

Comment

Sometimes it helps to not know the rules!

I will have to check out the lawyer fluke (bug?) myself.
        "I draw your attention to the words of Werner Erhard, who declared that true clarity can come only when someone is willing to notice: 'There is something I do not know, the knowing of which could change everything.' " - Conversations with God, book 3

Comment

Originally posted by kstolzy
          It's not so obvious and they don't put it in the manual (I had to ask Activision).

Put the desired units (nukes only in bombers, some units are too large for the space plane) to sleep in a city or airbase and they will load when the aircraft leaves.
          you asked Activision?

and they answered?

hmmm..you are one lucky individual..was this awhile ago..because tyhey havent been very cooperative in helping with problems..concerning this 5 year + old game

Gramps
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Beware sleeping lawyers in cities. Or diplomats. Or other covert units. These parasites will hop on any plane or boat they can to take whatever junket you're offering. Make sure that you move them out of the city before you move the plane or ship. If you have roads or railroads, you can then move them back into the city in the same turn and put them back to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Humble One
              Beware sleeping lawyers in cities. Or diplomats. Or other covert units. These parasites will hop on any plane or boat they can to take whatever junket you're offering. Make sure that you move them out of the city before you move the plane or ship. If you have roads or railroads, you can then move them back into the city in the same turn and put them back to bed.
              you are right junket junkies..mere hobos is what they be
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
              X