Space View Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space View Problem

Maybe "space view" is not the correct terminology. What I'm refering to is the "frosted" view that occurs when a sattelite drops a unit onto the map. The problem is that the "frosted" effect will not always automatically cleared. It often persists unless I'm able to click on a city build completion message and use the eyeball to go to the city. Sometimes it will automatically clear after the drop action. Sometimes, when I don't have a city view to click on, and because further action is impossible, I have to sacrifice a turn in order to clear the space view.

Any thoughts?
    "One more such victory and we are undone" - Pyrrhus of Epirus

The simplest is to toggle(click) the space view button below the pubic works button. It has the same elliptical shape as the public works button and I think it's supposed to look like stars on a black background. Sometimes you don't notice it showing up because it is not available till you have the tech to go into space.

BTW, you can always hit the city button on the right side or hit F1 and select from the list of cities.

Hope this helps.
    "I draw your attention to the words of Werner Erhard, who declared that true clarity can come only when someone is willing to notice: 'There is something I do not know, the knowing of which could change everything.' " - Conversations with God, book 3

Comment

It wasn't me in space so I guess I didn't have a Space button. I think I tried clicking on cities and it didn't work. Will give it another try tonight. Thanks for the response.

Comment

If you're in space view with no button to press then you can use the keyboard shortcut for the button, which I believe is Shift+S. (I guess this is a bug, but it's a useful one ).

Comment

Good suggestion!
          "I draw your attention to the words of Werner Erhard, who declared that true clarity can come only when someone is willing to notice: 'There is something I do not know, the knowing of which could change everything.' " - Conversations with God, book 3

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
            If you're in space view with no button to press then you can use the keyboard shortcut for the button, which I believe is Shift+S. (I guess this is a bug, but it's a useful one ).
            well, learned something new afterall this time

Thanks J

Gramps
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Thanks to you all. The game ended before I got a chance to try it, but I made a note.

Comment

well..have another go at it and maybe we will see you soon in a pbem match?

Gramps

Comment

A pbem match might be interesting as soon as I get my skill level back up. I'm playing one difficulty increase notch at a time to do that. Having relearned some strategies, I'm currently kicking butt - but on lower difficulty levels where the AI acts like a mentally retarded oponent.

Comment

well, have no fear here we can play and post and learn..for real, I am a reasonabley peaceful fella, wouldnt get upset if we went whole game without a shot fired..

let me know

wont hurt and it may help ya?

I have been playing since game came out

Gramps

Comment

"...reasonably pleasant..." fellow are you? Could play a whole game without firing a shot could you? Oh yeah, you sound like my AI civs who tell me what a peaceful civ they are and how about a little gold as a token of their appreciation - and two moves later they pirate all my trade routes.

I bet I would be eating dirt on about move 75.

Comment

Hello all,

Well I just had the same thing happen to me with a custom set up for a Prince scenario with 25+Barb civs.

As I was waiting for the puters' turns, I was clicking all the info drop down tabs to the left of the screen to save time and got stuck in the space level.

At this point of my scn....I was going for other techs than space needs due to playing bloodlust

Many many grateful thank you's to J Bytheway....that's the hot key all right....whew....after pollution wreacking havok on the world, losing key cities to floods, everyone attacking my butt from the get go, dropping on me like evil mana from space with enemy units, keeping my folks fat and happy by a thread, I'm FINALLY not having to kiss enemy booty, I'm getting my sweet REVENGE of enemy blood....NOWS NOT THE TIME TO GET HUNG UP IN SPACE DUE TO A BUG, that area is is on the burner

Again....thanks J Bytheway and I love this game

Dean

Comment

Originally posted by Neal the Neophyte
                          "...reasonably pleasant..." fellow are you? Could play a whole game without firing a shot could you? Oh yeah, you sound like my AI civs who tell me what a peaceful civ they are and how about a little gold as a token of their appreciation - and two moves later they pirate all my trade routes.

I bet I would be eating dirt on about move 75.
                          dirt can taste good..as long as your not buried under it

Comment

"...dirt can taste good..." Wow, does that bring up a memory. I used to eat dirt when I was a youngster - and I thought it tasted pretty good.

OK, my friend, I wiped out all the civs in my last game. Now playing on Prince and will go for the same. In your opinion, which is the best win route: wipe out all civs, win Wonders, or go for the Alien?

BTW, why are you still playing CTP and not CTP2? I'm curious because there was no CTP2 when I stopped playing CTP and I've read opposing opinions on CTP2 from "it's a rip-off" to "now this is the way the game should be played" An the funny thing is that I enjoy CTP now more than I used to - I keep getting into the "just one more turn" mode - and I have greeted the rising sun more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by Neal the Neophyte
                              "...dirt can taste good..." Wow, does that bring up a memory. I used to eat dirt when I was a youngster - and I thought it tasted pretty good.

OK, my friend, I wiped out all the civs in my last game. Now playing on Prince and will go for the same. In your opinion, which is the best win route: wipe out all civs, win Wonders, or go for the Alien?

BTW, why are you still playing CTP and not CTP2? I'm curious because there was no CTP2 when I stopped playing CTP and I've read opposing opinions on CTP2 from "it's a rip-off" to "now this is the way the game should be played" An the funny thing is that I enjoy CTP now more than I used to - I keep getting into the "just one more turn" mode - and I have greeted the rising sun more than once.
                              I didnt care for the graphics in CTP2 as much as CTP the original..

For the record, I have never been more addicted to a game than CTP has been for me a calling..

I love to wipe out civs

BLOODLUST ON all the way for me

once in a while I play Space race

not much

I am big time into PBEM now but would like sometime to have another one of them all day affairs with CTP MP

when I find the time

Comment

Working...
                              X