Pirating: Unjust Accusations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirating: Unjust Accusations

I occasionally receive warnings to cease pirating trade routes or else suffer a horrible fate. The only problem is that I'm not doing the pirating, my enemies are. I believe this happens when my enemies are on my territory. But why would that cause other civs to think I'm doing it?

I don't see any way to explain this injustice to the other civs, so I just humbly ask their forgiveness. Do I have any other options
    "One more such victory and we are undone" - Pyrrhus of Epirus

Not much flexibility in diplomacy. Money, advances and attacking a mutual enemy have a much greater positive impact on relations (apologies don't go very far). But the only solution may be to teach your enemies an unforgettable lesson.
    "I draw your attention to the words of Werner Erhard, who declared that true clarity can come only when someone is willing to notice: 'There is something I do not know, the knowing of which could change everything.' " - Conversations with God, book 3

Comment

I dont believe so..although I have donta fair amount of modding over the years, and am by far no expert, there are lines with the wording of rumos and I believe they account for the very things your speaking of, being falsely accused, really doesnt matter if you did or didnt, you were accused and therefore, guilty as charged!

...or something along those lines.....

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Thanks to both Kstolzy and Grampa. I think you are both right. Once acussed, you are guilty. The best cure would be to punish the hateful Persians who are causing the problem. Of course, these are the same Persians who, early in the game when I took a couple cities, just wanted know if we couldn't just get along together. I backed off and now they are the civ tyrants - the biggest and the baddest.

I think I have forgotten the lessons learned when I last played about two (maybe three) years ago - when you have them running, show no mercy!
        "One more such victory and we are undone" - Pyrrhus of Epirus

Comment

Originally posted by Neal the Neophyte
          Thanks to both Kstolzy and Grampa. I think you are both right. Once acussed, you are guilty. The best cure would be to punish the hateful Persians who are causing the problem. Of course, these are the same Persians who, early in the game when I took a couple cities, just wanted know if we couldn't just get along together. I backed off and now they are the civ tyrants - the biggest and the baddest.

I think I have forgotten the lessons learned when I last played about two (maybe three) years ago - when you have them running, show no mercy!
          that my friend is good sound advice..or at least keep them hemmed up..

Gramps
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
          X