Library Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Library Problem

Seemingly randomly, when I click on the menu for the Library I'm kicked back to Windows with an error Message. The message reads:

VIDEO ERROR
    Unable to open the file. Error#-2147220969

This usually doesn't occur early in the game. Sometimes I get the Library, but when I click on another item in the branch, it kicks out. Then it may work just fine afterwards.

Now for the kicker - it actually does find the file, and when I click on the minimized bar to full screen the game, the Library is always displayed. Since this "error" does not quit the game, it's mostly a nuisance
    "One more such victory and we are undone" - Pyrrhus of Epirus

Have you checked to see if your video drivers are up to date?
    "I draw your attention to the words of Werner Erhard, who declared that true clarity can come only when someone is willing to notice: 'There is something I do not know, the knowing of which could change everything.' " - Conversations with God, book 3

Comment

this does sound like maybe a "Refresh rate" and quite possibly a direct reaction to needing drivers updated for your graphics card..

let us know how it progresses...

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I have auto update and did update the drivers a few months ago, but it's worth taking a look at. I should have mentioned that none of the other menu pop-ups (city, units, science, etc.) have this problem. Nor does this happen on any other game or program.

It occured to me that this may be a function of high clock speed (2.4 ghz) that may cause an attempt to display before the file has completed reading. I'm not a computer expert, so my guess my not be valid.
        "One more such victory and we are undone" - Pyrrhus of Epirus

Comment

Originally posted by Neal the Neophyte
          Thanks for the replies. I have auto update and did update the drivers a few months ago, but it's worth taking a look at. I should have mentioned that none of the other menu pop-ups (city, units, science, etc.) have this problem. Nor does this happen on any other game or program.

It occured to me that this may be a function of high clock speed (2.4 ghz) that may cause an attempt to display before the file has completed reading. I'm not a computer expert, so my guess my not be valid.
          well..seems logical...
          Attached Files
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
          X