CTP Crashes or Quits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP Crashes or Quits

I bought Civilization CTP years ago and played loads but the game kept crashing and returning to Windows at around 1700-2000AD after the 'END TURN' button was pressed. I put this down to my hardware being shabby and was delighted when my company recently gave me a nice new laptop. I have started a new game but have experienced exactly the same problem.

Is this a common problem and if so is there a patch?

Apologies if this is a totally common glitch that everyone but me knows about!

Re: CTP Crashes or Quits

Originally posted by kim tod
    I bought Civilization CTP years ago and played loads but the game kept crashing and returning to Windows at around 1700-2000AD after the 'END TURN' button was pressed. I put this down to my hardware being shabby and was delighted when my company recently gave me a nice new laptop. I have started a new game but have experienced exactly the same problem.

Is this a common problem and if so is there a patch?

Apologies if this is a totally common glitch that everyone but me knows about!
    Nope thats a new one on me...

Just asking..is your game a store bought version?

Look..this may sound silly..but I had a very similiar problem with another game..and it ended up being a small bit of foreign debris on the readable side of the disc..

just a suggestion..thouroughly clean the disc and spray with air..

it may/may not help

good luck and maybe we can eventually get you to join the pbem side of the house!

Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Yes - it was a store bought version. It still crashes regardless of whether or not I run the game from disc and I have tried reinstalling to no avail.

Looking closer at this forum, I see that RetardSnowflake had exactly the same problem (18/08/04 "One Crash Too Many") but nobody seems to have offered the cure.

Comment

Well - I have had the same problem back in old days, when I played SP-games only ( sometimes I see it in PBEM games too, but only when fightings is going on).

I suggest you download patch 1.2 (and maybe hack 1.21 too). The patch was released for MP and PBEM games - but I would not be surprised, if the patch solved a little bug or two at the same time (from the original release).

If that dosn't work, I suggest you save your game often and .......... holy sh.t, I should not suggest such - but it is only against AIs........ replay an earlier turn and do something different than you did originally. It might help. Might! If you are lucky!
        First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

just a thought..is the processor heating up on your pc..therefore causing it to crash?

Just a thought is all

Gramps

Comment

Patch 1.2 has done the trick! And it has also ironed-out a few other annoyances, so playing is now as smooth as silk.
            Thank you TheBirdMan.

Comment

Originally posted by kim tod
              Patch 1.2 has done the trick! And it has also ironed-out a few other annoyances, so playing is now as smooth as silk.
              Thank you TheBirdMan.
              glad it worked..now..come on over to some pbem, eh?

Gramps

Comment

Working...
              X