Editing the game?? - no power graph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing the game?? - no power graph

I'm new to these boards but have been a civ player for many many years now!

My friends and I run a multiplayer game of civ Call to power ever few months with 4, 5 or 6 players.

One problem we come across everytime is the power graph. One player seems to storm into the lead and eventually all the other players gang up on this player and destroy him, purely based on the graph and nothing else.

After many lengthy discussions we decided the best thing to do was to get rid of the power graph all together!! It would make a much better game, as civilisations would not have indepth knowledge from day 1 and make units like spies so much more valuable.

Unfortunatly there is no option in the game to turn the graph off.

I've tried editing the 'infoscreen.ldl' file to not display the graph with some success by making the graph so small you cant work it out. This causes the game to crash someties though, something we cannot afford in our very serious multiplayer games!!

Does anyone know a simple way or have any advice or programing knowledge on how to make the power graph inaccessable or for it to simply be switched off??

Can't you just agree to not look at the powergraph? Any alteration such as editing the .ldl file will be voluntary anyway, so it wouldn't provide any more guarantee that the other players aren't "cheating" by looking at the powergraph...

Comment

agreed simply having an honor code should suffice..afterall, why would you have friends if they cant be honest
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
        Can't you just agree to not look at the powergraph? Any alteration such as editing the .ldl file will be voluntary anyway, so it wouldn't provide any more guarantee that the other players aren't "cheating" by looking at the powergraph...
        We play the game in the same building on a local network and would make the alterations to the files before the game on all of the computers.

The host gets to see the graph everytime the game is saved so there is another problem.

Our games are very serious and simply agreeing not to look isnt enough!!

Does anyone know how to change any of the files so the rankings screen shows something else?? Like taking you to the library or something

Comment

We made a mod to do exactly the same 2 things for CtP2 online games. It doesnt take long to figure out with a little experimentation which part you need to change.

For example to get rid of the graph in the load/save screen I just replaced the graph image name with the map image name from the map tab in loadsave.ldl. (just copy the image name from the map image code) so when you click on the graph tab you get the map. Im making it sound harder than it is.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
            We made a mod to do exactly the same 2 things for CtP2 online games. It doesnt take long to figure out with a little experimentation which part you need to change.

For example to get rid of the graph in the load/save screen I just replaced the graph image name with the map image name from the map tab in loadsave.ldl. (just copy the image name from the map image code) so when you click on the graph tab you get the map. Im making it sound harder than it is.
            Yeah I managed to do that aswell!!!!! (load save screen)

Only thing is when I'm messing with the ranking screen (infoscreen.ldl) I can mess it up so you cant read the powergraph by making it too small but the game crashes sometimes!!

can you be more specific on changes to this screen?? or of a way to change the main screen so that the rankings button takes you to something else, eg library or civ screen??

Cheers

Dan

Comment

can you be more specific on changes to this screen?? or of a way to change the main screen so that the rankings button takes you to something else, eg library or civ screen??
              In CtP2 we changed the ranking graphs (and score/wonders tabs) like this:

Code:
              				# The graph
              				InfoGraph {

int	xpix	1[b]000[/b]3

int	ypix	40

int	widthpix	300

int	heightpix	200
              Code:
              				List:CTP2_LISTBOX {
              					int xpix 10[b]000[/b]
              					int ypix 44
              					int widthpix 470
              					int heightpix 226
              The bold parts were added.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
              X