Population growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Population growth

Can anybody explain to me the "stored box"? I'm trying to work out the limits for each population growth( 1- 2, 2- 3 etc). Also what's the criteria for population growth when cities are celebrating( I'm trying to get all my cities to grow once per turn indefinately). I can get them all celebrating but not all growing( usually after I've built the Sensorium). Finally my biggest city so far is 91 and still going, whats the largest anybody has got?
    Ta
    Athlon XP 2600+, 1Gb RAM, GeForce FX 5500 (256Mb), 2*80Gb HDD+ 120Gb HDD, Win XP Home SP-2, DirectX 9.0c, Forceware 81.94.

I know I have had Ocean cities (land cities on a mostly coastal region) over 150

Lots of eating going on!!

Peace

GT
    Attached Files
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I think I've worked it out. For a population to grow the stored box must be at 175* pop size. If the city is celebrating this is halved. If a granary is present then growth every turn is possible ( as long as the happiness doesn't go below 85 at the end of the turn). You can even have no food collected when this is happening.

In DiffDB the anotations seem be wrong as they say it's 10* pop size. They may be right, it could be that the 175 is a product of some other variables that can be changed, but what are these variables?
      Athlon XP 2600+, 1Gb RAM, GeForce FX 5500 (256Mb), 2*80Gb HDD+ 120Gb HDD, Win XP Home SP-2, DirectX 9.0c, Forceware 81.94.

Comment

Working...
      X