Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• workday_coef, wages_coef, rations_coef

What do these coefs mean? They are all set to 1 for all govs
    Athlon XP 2600+, 1Gb RAM, GeForce FX 5500 (256Mb), 2*80Gb HDD+ 120Gb HDD, Win XP Home SP-2, DirectX 9.0c, Forceware 81.94.

Oh and I've read activisions readme( from apolyton) and it doesn't explan these coefs
    Athlon XP 2600+, 1Gb RAM, GeForce FX 5500 (256Mb), 2*80Gb HDD+ 120Gb HDD, Win XP Home SP-2, DirectX 9.0c, Forceware 81.94.

Comment

I think they set the unhappiness per population per unit the respective sliders are displaced induced by displacement of the sliders in the unhappiness direction.

Alternatively, they might multiply the amount of wages you pay/rations you get/etc.

Fiddle around and see what happens.

Comment

Hi im new to the forum but a big fan of many different civillization games i've been lurking here for a while.

It means the amount of gold, science, etc each city will produce over the nomal amount like if pollution coeffiecent is 2 then each city will produce 2x more pollution

Comment

Na it doesn't. It refers to the amount of unhappiness (+ or -) when you move the sliders off the expected.

Comment

You're all absolutely wrong.
            Now shut up and go away.
            Hello, you've reached Majestic-12 Headquarters.
            We are away, or unwilling to answer the phone at the moment, so please hold while we trace your call.
            Thanks for calling!

Comment

Originally posted by Squeblish Nef?
              You're all absolutely wrong.
              Now shut up and go away.
              I guess this is sad but also kinda funny, that someone came to our "SUB-CELLAR" to post this remark

Ok...maybe we can get a definitive answer..

I do know that it relates to how well a govt is set up..like Technocracy being a great production and Corporate Republic being a great gold maker

I hope this is what you are talking about?

I tweak them in scenario making....to suit my particular setup

Peace

GT
              Attached Files
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Na, it's to do with the unhappiness when you change the sliders from the expected. All govs are set to one for these three meaning that if I increase, say the workday by one notch all my cities will incurr a penalty equal to the pop size. On the other hand if I decrease the workday by on notch then all my cities will incurr a bonus happiness equal to the pop size. There seems to be a limit on how much bonus you get though.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillipAWyllie
                  On the other hand if I decrease the workday by on notch then all my cities will incurr a bonus happiness equal to the pop size. There seems to be a limit on how much bonus you get though.
                  No, the bonus is fixed (at 2, I think) and doesn't depend on pop size.

Comment

Working...
                  X