No announcement yet.

CtP-Multiplayer Cafe II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to mention, Ontario Canada has 400,000+ lakes, rivers and streams.

The great lakes:

VOLUME
    6 quadrillion gallons of fresh water; one-fifth of the world's fresh surface water (only the polar ice caps and Lake Baikal in Siberia contain more); 95 percent of the U.S. supply. Spread evenly across the continental U.S., the Great Lakes would submerge the country under about 9.5 feet of water.

TOTAL AREA
    More than 94,000 square miles/244,000 square kilometres of water (larger than the states of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire combined, or about 23 percent of the province of Ontario). About 295,000 square miles/767,000 square kilometres in the watershed (the area where all the rivers and streams drain into the lakes).

TOTAL COASTLINE
    United States and Canada -- 10,900 mi/17,549 km (including connecting channels, mainland and islands). The Great Lakes shoreline is equal to almost 44 percent of the circumference of the earth, and Michigan's Great Lakes coast totals 3,288 mi/5,294 km, more coastline than any state but Alaska.
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

Now that's a cool useless fact about the great lakes. I can already think of that as a good Minnesotean ice breaker.
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

but think of the fish
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

Is there any left?

Impressive statistics BTW

Comment

Yeah but what about the Edmond Fitzgerald. Those lakes are killers I tell ya, killers.
            If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

And evil to boot!

Comment

yes tons they stock them there lakes, yes Edmond, goes to show you fish go home... never travel in boat on bad lake no.
                Or do we?

Comment

Season starts early, was at a fish party friday night. A fela caught a 16 lbs pike.

Served it up no bones tasty it was, about 3' 8" or more.

Caught in the local fishing spot, this weekend is free fishing in the lake. No licence required next weekend fishing turnament.

I'll try to find the picture in the paper for those who are interested.
                  Or do we?

Comment

Do you fish in the tournament?

Do the tournament participants know that the tournament proprieters are letting the populace at the tournament venue deplete the lake persuant to the prescribed tournament?
                    If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Comment

Plenty of fish to go around, most responsible fisher people catch and release. You take the odd one for the picture and the party.
                        Or do we?

Comment

Toronto

Hey Blackice:

I'm in the Toronto area...Mississauga to be exact. Just moved out here from downtown. What about you?

Cheers
                          Cuaich

aka Mac the Knife
                          aka Bruce

Comment

Re: Toronto

Originally posted by Cuaich
                            Hey Blackice:

?

aka Bruce

Another Bruce, eh?

Makes two of us..now we move on Blackice as leader of the Apolyton Band of Brothers

Gramps..a.k.a. Bruce
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Grandpa Troll

Cuaich hey we are but minutes apart, I am in Burlington area. Just off hwy 5, or Dundas street in your area.

Are you near the lake or to the north west?
                              Or do we?

Comment

Has everyone seen this commercial?

There are no computer graphics or digital tricks in this film. Everything you see happened in real time exactly as you see it.

The film took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually very minor, didn't work. They would then have to set the whole thing up again. The crew spent weeks shooting night and day. The film cost six million dollars and took three months to complete, including a full year engineering the sequence. In addition, it's two minutes long, so every time Honda airs the film on British television, they're shelling out enough dough to keep any one of us in clover for a lifetime. However, it is fast becoming the most downloaded advertisement in Internet history. Honda executives figure the ad will soon pay for itself simply in "free" viewings (Honda isn't paying a dime to have you watch this commercial!).

When the ad was pitched to senior executives, they signed off on it immediately without any hesitation, including the costs.

There are six and only six handmade Accords in the world. To the horror of Honda engineers, the film makers disassembled two of them to make the film. Everything you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp and complete Honda Accord) are parts from those two cars.

When the ad was shown to Honda executives, they liked it and commented on how amazing computer graphics have gotten. They fell off their chairs when they found out it was for real. Oh, and about those funky windshield wipers; on the new Accords, the wipers have water sensors and are designed to start doing their thing automatically as soon as the windshield becomes wet. It looks a bit weird in the commercial.

Just one second of computer generation is used to link the two halves...when an exhaust pipe rolls across the floor. At one point, three tires roll uphill because they have been weighted inside with bolts and screws.

Go to this website and watch the commercial....you won't believe it!
                                The Commercial
                                Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                                X