CTP on a Powerbook 1400c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP on a Powerbook 1400c

I know this is an old machine, but I wanted to load CTP on it just the same. After installing it I ran into a problem, though. The game will not load because of some error message. The error message tells me that it cannot switch to 640x480 mode, and asks me to check to be sure that my computer has the specifications required for the game. However, My computer does have the specs necessary to play at first glance. My specs are as follows:
    POwerbook 1400c
    233 mHz G3 Vimage processor
    OS 9.1
    64 megs RAM
    (the laptop has a 11.2" 800x600 screen)
    Does anyone know of a way to fix my problem?
    Thanks,
    Brian

On a Mac? I have no clue, I know very little about Macs. I guess you could try installing the patch, if you didn't try that already.

You could try your luck in the Mac Forum: http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...s=&forumid=131 . It's not something that sounds like a known CtP problem, so it might be something specific to the Mac. If so, someone in that forum might be able to help you out. (Just post in the main forum; don't even bother posting in the CtP subforum, as it's been completely dead for well over a year -- and all-but-dead long before that).
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

thanks for the reply. I didn't realize that I was in the wrong forum,
      Brian

Comment

It's not the wrong forum, it's just very unlikely someone here will know the answer.

BTW, I just checked some of the old posts from the Mac forum, the patch is supposed to solve a lot of problems, including graphical ones. If you didn't install it already, that might really be a big help. You can find the Mac patches here: http://apolyton.net/dir/index.php?si..._pages&cat=184
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I did try a patch, that was supposed to fix up quite a bit of things, but I forget exactly which patch it was at the moment...
          Just the same, it wouldn't work.
          Brian

Comment

If the resolution switch is the only problem then you could try this:

Look in userprofile.txt (in [Your CTP directory]\ctp_program\ctp) and find the lines specifying resolution. They should look somethign like:
            Code:
            ScreenResWidth=640
            ScreenResHeight=480
            Change them to 800 and 600 respectively, and then it should not need to switch the resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
              If the resolution switch is the only problem then you could try this:

Look in userprofile.txt (in [Your CTP directory]\ctp_program\ctp) and find the lines specifying resolution. They should look somethign like:
              Code:
              ScreenResWidth=640
              ScreenResHeight=480
              Change them to 800 and 600 respectively, and then it should not need to switch the resolution.
              Thanks for the advice. I tried it, and it made no difference. I'm starting to get to the point of not really caring, since I was thinking about getting a new laptop anyway, but just the same i'll keep trying to get CTP going on this computer for a little while longer...

Comment

Working...
              X