Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I was looking for one or more people to try an email game with (I think an email game with three or 4 human players would be totally fun--but I'm not sure how that would work with your rankings and stuff). I've played Civ3 alot and I've played CTP a couple times now. I won on Chieftan and I'm headed for a win on Emperor. How do I get on this ladder thing and get a game going? I kind of prefer small map with lots of civs, but I guess I'm willing to try anything.

Comment

• well, happy one, have a look at the entry post and feel free to join and challenge anyone. however, multiplayer games do not count for the ladder. also, not all games you play need to be counted for the challenge ladder. if you are just looking for fun games, visit the Recruitment Center Thread.

have fun
      Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
      O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• Originally posted by quinns

I am NOT customer service! What are you on about! I already added your match with Gryff.
        105. Chlg 105 berXpert vs. Grandpa Troll; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.
        106. Chlg 106 Dimytes vs. Grandpa Troll; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.
        107. Chlg 107 blackice vs. TheBirdMan; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.
        *108. Chlg 108 EPW def. Grandpa Troll; Started Jul-2004; Finished Jul-2004.
        * 109. Chlg 109 Grandpa Troll def. blackgryffin; Started Jul-2004; Finished Jul-2004.
        *110. Chlg 110 blackice def. ricketyclik; Finished Jul-2004.
        111. Chlg 111 hatschy vs. Mathemagician; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.
        112. Chlg 112 EPW vs. Grandpa Troll; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.
        113. Chlg 113 Checkmate vs. Grandpa Troll; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.
        114. Chlg 114 Checkmate vs. blackice; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.
        115. Chlg 115 Mathemagician vs. blackgryffin; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.
        116. Chlg 116 blackgryffin vs. Grandpa Troll; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.

Ok Quinns

I am posting ****HERE!!!**** the games I have with Blackgryffin and the dates they started and also the dates i posted in here folowed by the actual post so i wont come across as inappropriate or

Ok we have listed the challenge match I won Match #109

PLUS we have an additional match listed with Blackgryffin Match # 116-I believe that is the match known as SEAFOOD BUFFET started on 7-21-2004 posted on same date here

Then I have JAWS started 7-26-04 also posted here on same date (TWO MATCHES ON GOING)

Then I have SURF N TURF started 7-29-04 posted on 7-30-04 (THREE MATCHES ONGOING)

Then I have ROCK N EARTH started 7-30-04 also posted same date (FOUR MATCHES ONGOING)

And last but not least I have ALLIED & AXELS started on 7-30-04 and posted same date (FIVE MATCHES ONGOING)

Ok..and to follow will be the five posts to show I am a fun loving guy and have asense of humor and well..

Peace

GT
        Attached Files
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
          Ok slap another challenge match up and the thread is here for SEAFOOD LOVERS BUFFET

Happy trawling from Tug Boat Troll
          This was before I was advised to not post a link but actual settings which you have this one listed..

Thx

Gramps

Comment

• 116. Chlg 116 blackgryffin vs. Grandpa Troll; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.
            117. Chlg 117 blackgryffin vs. Grandpa Troll; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.
            118. Chlg 118 blackgryffin vs. Grandpa Troll; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.
            119. Chlg 119 blackgryffin vs. Grandpa Troll; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.
            120. Chlg 120 blackgryffin vs. Grandpa Troll; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.

Holy Mackeral!!!!! We MAY have to put a limit with the number of challenge matches you can have ongoing with the same person!!

Comment

116. Chlg 116 blackgryffin vs. Grandpa Troll; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.
              117. Chlg 117 blackgryffin vs. Grandpa Troll; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.
              118. Chlg 118 blackgryffin vs. Grandpa Troll; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.
              119. Chlg 119 blackgryffin vs. Grandpa Troll; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.
              120. Chlg 120 blackgryffin vs. Grandpa Troll; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.
              anyone noticing that this is the only person Troll has ever scored a win against ? i think i see his hidden strategy !
              Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
              O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mathemagician

anyone noticing that this is the only person Troll has ever scored a win against ? i think i see his hidden strategy !
                ..ya know if you knew me in the real world everyone whom does sez it aint safe fer any type of bird around me 'cause i kill 'em all! (Love me Chicken,Duck,Pheasant,Turkey and well maybe I will try to get me some good old fashioned pigeon to chew on)

~slurp~

Ok now thanks and gotta get back to work all these games to bring to a close ta know

and Quinns Thanks much my friend

Grumpee Bear
                Attached Files

Comment

Well I will tell ALL HERE that ifin you dont do a wabbit strategy of some way,shape or form you will also have a lot of

L
                  L
                  L
                  L
                  L
                  L
                  L
                  L
                  L
                  LLLLLLLLLLLLL

Now dun that look some kinda cheesey?

What i meant was LOSSES!!

Ok

My looses were twice to Dimytes Wabbit Master-Baiter

Once to Johnny Cartoony whom did very well

EPW when I got caught whooping up and didnt defend, lesson applied after lesson learned!

Ok so i take my losses and so shall anyone whom plays with me now..
                  Or Ill add a few more to that column

Peace

Gramps "Could been a contenduh" Troll
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Milamber and I would like to put our round 2 SLII game on this ladder please. Begun August 2004.

Btw, shouldn't this thread be replaced by now?

Comment

• 121. Chlg 121 Milamber vs. ricketyclik; Started Aug-2004 -- In progress.

Is this thread getting slow to load?? Seems fast to me still. Pain in the neck creating a new thread, but will do if it is slow to load.

Comment

• Fine speed (but I have ADSL).
                        First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

121. Chlg 121 Milamber vs. ricketyclik; Started Aug-2004 -- In progress.

Is this thread getting slow to load?? Seems fast to me still. Pain in the neck creating a new thread, but will do if it is slow to load.
                          No Quinns we dont want you to be detracted from your job here..PLEASE!!

No stay with this and concentrate here..
                          Attached Files

Comment

I just looked at the "standings"

FOR THE RECORD

I have games (IN ADDITION TO BLACKGRYFFIN)

With the Number 1 rated

Number 7

Number 8

Number 9

Number 14

Number 15

Ok..just wannted to point out I am playing many games with many people

Peace

Comment

• Okay, Gramps, I'm here. It only took me 20 minutes to locate this thread; let's just say that Apolyton is not the easiest site to navigate for a non-professional web surfer.

Anyhoo, how does one go about starting a PBeM game? Remember, I'm a virgin at this.... So please be gentle! I saw some of the default settings for ladder matches, and most of them make sense to me. But I can't figure out why WONDERS are deleted, since they seem like an integral part of the game and its appeal. ????? My version of CTP came on a post-release CD, and seems to include the 1.2 patch, but I don't have any other mods and such. Do I need to add any mods/patches to play on the ladder? Thanks for your tutelage. -JZ

Comment

• Welcome johnzim! You don't need any other mods/patches if you have the 1.2 patch. The reason that wonders are not part of the standard settings is that they can give the player that first gets a specific wonder a LARGE advantage. And so the game becomes just a race to certain wonders. This is debatable, though, and that is why this is just a "standard" setting in the CTP PBEM Challenge Ladder -- players can use any settings they agree upon in their challenge match --- including wonders.

P.S. I used to work in Hamburg, N.Y. -- is that near you?

Comment

Working...
                                X