This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mathemagician

okay, should have said computer (i always think of PC as a computer, else i would say windows - ah whatever)
    dont you mac guys reboot anything ?
    it depends ... on an osX, it's rare we reboot the computer ... it's an unix based os and u have only too reboot the software, like XP i suppose ...

is that a difference to a PC too ? normally (on a PC at least) slic file changes alone dont corrupt the file.
    i really don't know if it's a difference between mac and pc i have 3 different CTP installed ( 2 moded and 1 normal ) and i can't open the files of each game in a different one ...

depends if it was actually implemented in the CTP source code. assuming it was, you should be able to just make a backup of your script.slc and incomment those functions that refer to city exchange. however, you would need to select that option inside the game somehow, since it is not part of the diplomatic screen. that could be much more complicated. better ask someone else...
    yes ! you are right ! i noticed the biggest problem is the diplomacy screen ... in fact, i send an email to someone who made a mode with deep changes, included some screens but a long time ago now and never received an answer ... too bad ... it could be fun in a multiplayer game to access this diplomacy option !
    • slytherin forever •
    http://www.wizardworkingonweb.net/

Comment

• indeed, that could be a nice feature !
      let me know when you have more information on those additional screens or anything that goes beyond slic/text changes, will you ?
      Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
      O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• of course ! i wish so much to find somebody ( a programmer would be a dream ) who could explain what and how to change this already implemented feature !!!
        • slytherin forever •

Comment

• so you need one CTP installation for every single variant of script.slc or other modification ?

Comment

• Hatschy, blackice ?
            any responses to the settings emails ?

Comment

• yes ... and if it changes features of the game, even minor ones ...

i tried all the mods available for both pc and mac and i noticed i couldn't open the files of a different game ... sometimes, the files opened but later in the play, the game crashes ...

• slytherin forever •

Comment

• very strange. that means you'd probably need another installation for our game should we play one, right ?

why dont you just write batch files (if there is such a thing in macunix) to copy the respectively changed files into the CTP main folder and run the appropriate batch file before each game ?

Comment

• in fact there is another problem i didn't explain ... my apologizes ...

CTP1 is a quite old game ans it runs under macos9 ... not os X native ...

when macos X arrived, it was a powerful os which drived too the old one : mac os9 and when i open CTP1, i run on the old os behind the X ...

so it's complicating a bit some files exchange between mac and pc ...

i know the big majority of files are similar betwwen mac and pc but i really think the application doesn't run the same ! so here we are ... i can't only batch some files and run the same application ... if fact it doesn't change many things to have 3 or 4 CTP in different folders ... of course, it would be better to ask to someone more qualified in CTP games on both platforms : he could explain better than i could, why exactly ...

if we play your mod : yes, i must have the txt and slic files u have modified and exchange them with the original ones
                  • slytherin forever •

Comment

• • slytherin forever •

Comment

• challenge match - Hatschy vs. Mathemagician - started.
                      that would be number 110 then

settings:

Deity, Raging Hordes
                      Gigantic Donut World
                      30% land
                      100% diversity
                      0% goods
                      50% other sliders
                      Ruins On

seats 6 (Me) and 8 (Hatschy)
                      Hatschy's "No AI" mod used, so only us two are left.

Pollution On
                      Bloodlust Off

All Wonders banned except Emancipation Act and Wormhole Sensor.

Mathemagician of the Dornheimer versus Hatschy of the Canadians has been opened.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackice
                        hatschy off course your an open target now and off course I challenged you some time back, up for another .
                        Ok then, blackice, just set up a new one and send me my turn . I'd like to play for the Welsh, leader Hatschy. If you want anything different than the standard, please tell me.

Comment

• Blackice defeated ricketyclik (resigned) at turn 131. Game not listed, but began in May.

A sound whipping.

Comment

• I got lucky is all Good game ricketyclik!

hatschy I'll email you some settings.
                            “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                            Or do we?

Comment

• 109. Chlg 109 Grandpa Troll vs. blackgryffin; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.
                              110. Chlg 110 blackice def. ricketyclik; Finished Jul-2004.
                              111. Chlg 111 hatschy vs. Mathemagician; Started Jul-2004 -- In progress.

Comment

• As GT said in an earlier post that apparently was overlooked:

108. Chlg 108 EPW def. Grandpa Troll; Finished Jul-2004

We started another game a few days too that needs to be added.
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X