X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from the recruitment center ...

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
    The second link is the PBEM thread and dont worry we all started somewhere..well..Blackice wuz born with CTP but the rest of us..well we had to learn like you

Welocme and post what you feel your level is and then we can get started..any questions about PBEM?

like you do know how to email a turn and all?

Ok..looking forward

Peace

Grandpa Troll
    following the advice of grandpa troll ... i post there for a pbem game ...

well ... if you don't care : let's start a game at king level ( for my first pbem game ! ) ... choose the number of civs u want to play
    as i'm a pure newb, maybe it's more wise you begin the game and for testing if there are no mistake from me, i can send u a test file of my game well ... i posted my email in the recruitment center (lol) and i suppose u send me a mail or a pm for sending the files no ?

it's late here in europe ... let's start the game tomorrow ! r u ok ?

if u begin the game : my favourite civs are japanese and tibetans ( japanese is surely in the official CTP 1.2 ... tibetans : it's only in my little mod game )
    and my name is : axel

if i know how to email a turn and all ... well as u said kindly : looking forward !

thanx to welcome me
    • slytherin forever •
    http://www.wizardworkingonweb.net/

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimytes
      98. Chlg 98 Dimytes vs. TheBirdMan; Started by Birdman in Jun-2004
      Ended at turn 164. Birdman conceded after I had taken control of the seas and slowly was destroying his coastal cities.

This game was mainly a sea/coast battle allthough we where on same continent. I also learned by Birdnam how you can use spies effectivly vs invading armies...

©2004 Dimytes
      And I learned to pay more attention to wonders, that I normally don't even think of (because I have forgotten their hidden power).

Guttenberg: +10% science. Gives a lot together with a relative large population, if you chose to "save" your money and do not build many scienceimprovements - or maybe none at all.

East India Co: Have always focused on the increased output for traderoutes - and thereby dismissed it. BUT it also gives your fleet +1 movement point. And that extra movepoint is damned vital, when you are playing rabbit/fox with your SOTLs and are set up an ambush.

And then of course: Stonehenge (Dimytes got that) and Galileo (I got that). None of those are underestimated. They are good wonders.

Edison Lab was Vetoed from the start.
      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• And last evening another game ended.

The challenge with Math, started 6th july last year, ended 13th july this year at turn 180.

We followed each other in pop and PG until turn 100-105 (early november last year).

At turn 140 Math was running away (in PG that is).

At turn 180 Math had:
        The Galileo.
        The LE.
        The Edison Lab.
        Most of my closest neighbour conquered.
        A pop 259 vs. my 177.
        A game with a very slow turnrate the latest two month.

So I made up my mind and conceded.

Now I only have one old challenge game waiting. The one with Lung - which I am going to win for a change!

That is, if I can keep up my concentration and do not make any cleaver (read: stupid) changes in my war against him.

So now I am ready to accept one challenge more!
        First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBirdMan
          And last evening another game ended.

The challenge with Math, started 6th july last year, ended 13th july this year at turn 180.

(...)

A game with a very slow turnrate the latest two month.
          im very sorry for the delays in this game, but may i bring up on my defence that

1.) my diploma thesis went from august '03 to december '03
          2.) my exams, with preparation, followed until late february '04
          3.) i had several other high-turn games going on during this game, the one with Checkmate that ended a while ago, and the one with Dimytes (turn 205) that is still going on.
          4.) i actually tried to get a life and play less CTP during the last 2 months

i humbly ask not to forget those things.
          Last edited by Mathemagician; July 14, 2004, 05:44.
          Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
          O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• now i have challenge matches going versus:
            - Dimytes (aforementionened turn 205)
            - ricketyclik (turn 137 on a world with minimum goods and no wonders allowed )
            - Mieciofok (who doesnt show up anymore)

im fine now with just cancelling the game against Mieciofok. i dont even know which turn we were in or who had a lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mathemagician

i humbly ask not to forget those things.
              I knew that - that's why I have been patient.

And I agree with you. All challengegames with Mieciofok could be cancelled - we do not see him anymore I guess (I have already moved that game sub-folder from my active to the "dead-games" folder).

Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBirdMan

I knew that - that's why I have been patient.

And I agree with you. All challengegames with Mieciofok could be cancelled - we do not see him anymore I guess (I have already moved that game sub-folder from my active to the "dead-games" folder).
                What a shame it is fpor someone to dissappear and after all you invest,heart,sould,time,effort,strategy and then to not get a win..OH MY!!

What a shame I say..A Shame!!

Almost as if you were held up at gunpoint I do tell, yes I do!!

Gramps
                Attached Files
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Ok me and Blackgryffin have an ALL you can eat Buffet going on

Welcome to CTP PBEM and off we go with another challenge game

Peace

Gramps
                  Attached Files
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• peace ??? in a challenge ? lololololololol

thanx for your welcome

... i have a question : i saw some threads related to some servers which don't propose anymore multiplaying CTP games ... hum ... and why cannot play machines to machines like a local network game ???

but that's perhaps a silly question ....
                    • slytherin forever •

Comment

• there are no silly questions, there are only silly minds.

troll, where do you get the titles for all your games from ?

Comment

• and the answer to the question is ......................... ???

• slytherin forever •

Comment

• hmmm i guess you need the servers.dat file...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• put it into the CTP\ctp_program\ folder
                            or maybe into the CTP\ctp_program\ctp\ folder
                            or better both

Comment

• oh ... thanx to answer so quickly but i think there's a misunderstanding ...
                              my apologizes : english is not my mother tongue ...

i meant why playing by PBEM if it's possible to play machine to machine a multiplayer game ???

thanx again for your attachment file : i already had that file into my game
                              • slytherin forever •

Comment

• ah i see. well, there a couple of reasons:

1.) you can play your turns whenever you like and dont depend on everyone being online

2.) online play is more vulnerable to file changes and to certain actions than PBEM. for example the slightest modified text file, for city names for example, will cause problems. also, using build queues during the game will cause similar problems. all these are fine in PBEM.

3.) because it is possible !

Comment

Working...
                                X