XP lan problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP lan problems

Ok, this stuff has probably been gone over a million times, but I can't find it. I wanted to play a LAN game over my network at home. I installed the 1.2 patch, and got the new server.dat on both machines, they still won't work though. It still says that my game is full. I am using an XP machine. I read somewhere that the bug is when an XP machine starts the game. Is there some way to get around this so I can play a game? All of the machines at my place are XP.

You might try running one or both versions of the game in compatibility mode for some other version of Windows (95 or 98 would probably be your best bet).

Comment

Sethbobkun are you saying you want to play head to head on your home network, without going to the CTP servers? If so you could try IPX etc, or dx game. There is also the tcp option in multiplayer. You simply have to drop the xp firewall and set each machine the same in network protocals.
      “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
      Or do we?

Comment

Working...
      X