What is the difference between CTP 1 and CTP 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference between CTP 1 and CTP 2

Hi there! I've been thinking of buying CTP 2 off the net and wanted to know the difference between the CTP 1 and CTP 2 as which one is better and why

I ve played CTP 1 for quite some time and realy liked it and for those of you who own CTP 2, what is the most signifcant improvement from the CTP1?

Thank you very much!

CTP2 includes quite a few changes - I'll list as many as I can think of off hand:

- You may no longer specifically place your workers on tiles, they are spread out amongst the tiles automatically.
    - The interface has been changed quite a lot (for the worse, in my opinion...).
    - Trade only supplies gold, not sceince, so it is less important.
    - There's no space layer.
    - The mods are generally better (due to a more powerful scripting language and more time spent on them).

Comment

- Armies can now contain 12 units maximum
      - Armies can now include "Flanking" units, who attack all the time along the front line, not just when theyre directly opposed by an enemy defender/attacker. eg Cavalry, Knights.
      - City Buildings are alot less powerful, Public Works is more important.
      - SOLs cant carry units and cant bombard land.
      - Units now have an "Armour" rating, so a Phalanx (Hoplite in CtP2) can never beat a Tank.

These are just some things that make me play CtP2 more than 1, although i still play 1.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
      X