.FLI questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .FLI questions

So I was wondering - are .FLI files self-contained?

For example, when modifying a .FLI file, can I call a variable created in another .FLI file?

Is it important which order the respective .FLI files have been loaded in?

Or is it simply not doable (i.e. all .FLI files are completely self-contained - nothing in, nothing out)?

(I imagine I will have the same question when it comes to .AIP files, and between .FLI and .AIP files)

Cheers,
    Xmucane

"FLI" stands for 'Fuzzy Logic Inferencing'. There's a doc I wrote about this on JohnBTW's site.

I *think* you can do what you're talking about, but it was a few years ago and I can't really be sure.

If you're really, really keen you could download the source for CTP2: the source for the fuzzy logic system is in ctp2_code\robotcom\fuzzy.

Comment

Where is JohnBTW's site?

If I look at the source code for CTP2 will some things apply to CTP1 mods?

Cheers,
      Xmucane

Comment

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

That's very hard to say at this point, we don't know enough about it yet. Then again, Peter would probably know more about that than me
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

If you can read C++, it should. The files in the folder robotcom are not used in Ctp2. Like st_swithin said, they are some of the heritage from CTP1. They build to robotcom.dll, which is where CTP1's AI lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Triggs
            If you can read C++, it should. The files in the folder robotcom are not used in Ctp2. Like st_swithin said, they are some of the heritage from CTP1. They build to robotcom.dll, which is where CTP1's AI lives.
            Then the CTP-I AI could be wiser

If only some would be able to do it

If and If...... Even if above was successfull - then we still have to get such a patch (patch?!) acceptable to the common players......

Holy sh.t
            First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Fraid not . I tried building it and got a whole bunch of errors. The crucial ones had to do with the fact that they took the space layer out of CTP2. I think that to get it to work you'd have to have the original CTP1 files, which apparently don't exist anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X