Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obsolescence

A few questions:

1) Is it possible to make city improvements , governments and/or advances themselves obsolete (as opposed to just wonders and units)? I know it's possible to restrict improvements from sea or space cities, but that's not what I'm looking for.

2) Is it possible to make more than one advance cause obsolescence for a given wonder/unit? As, say "[Unit X] will become obsolete if player researches [Advance X OR Advance Y]"

3) Are there any POSSIBLE obsolescence triggers BESIDES new advances?

4) Is it possible to have a Wonder that immediately becomes obsolescent (or destroys itself) when it is conquered by another player?

Cheers,
    Xmucane

Re: Obsolescence

Originally posted by Xmucane
    1) Is it possible to make city improvements , governments and/or advances themselves obsolete (as opposed to just wonders and units)? I know it's possible to restrict improvements from sea or space cities, but that's not what I'm looking for.

For improvements and governments you can, although no message will inform the player unless you SLIC one yourself. You can't make advances obsolete.

2) Is it possible to make more than one advance cause obsolescence for a given wonder/unit? As, say "[Unit X] will become obsolete if player researches [Advance X OR Advance Y]"

In the case of units, certainly, for other things I'm not sure, but it will probably work. Some units already have this property.

3) Are there any POSSIBLE obsolescence triggers BESIDES new advances?

Nope.

4) Is it possible to have a Wonder that immediately becomes obsolescent (or destroys itself) when it is conquered by another player?

Possibly through SLIC, but I'm not sure. I don't think there's a function for destroying wonders, so probably not.

Comment

Working...
    X