Excess Trade Route Mystery Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excess Trade Route Mystery Revealed

The other day I found a post on how to edit the game to change the number of routes to 12 from the default 4. One of the replies to the post mentioned that he recalled once getting 14 items in one city instead of just 12. (I looked for the original post but couldn't find it again.)

Well I had that happen twice in the game I'm playing now (huge map and I got lots and lots of elephants and beavers in my territory) I had lots of the same trade items and was getting real tired of the 4 incoming per city limit.

It turns out that if a city has one or two "local trade" of the same item you're importing, those local trade items don't count towards the limit of 12 incoming trade routes since those items are already there. So this is how you can end up with 13 or 14 items in one trade item monopoly city. Seems a trade item is only counted against the trade route limit if it comes via a caravan.

However those "local trade" items DO count towards the trade multiplier so if you got a city with two of the same trade good it's to your benefit to send all of the same trade good to that city to get the maximum benefit from the trade routes. It also saves you one or two caravans.
    For the light of a candle to be seen, it must be taken to a dark place. -- UKLG

This a reason why it's a good idea to create a monopol in a city which have several identical trade ressources in its vinicy.
    Zobo Ze Warrior
    --
    Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Took longer than I expected to find the post I was refering too, here's the original thread from the CTP creation forum.

For the light of a candle to be seen, it must be taken to a dark place. -- UKLG

Comment

Working...
      X