Scenario Design Oddities...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario Design Oddities...

Does anybody know why, in CTP scenario design, there can be some very strange battle results when new units are introduced into CTP scenarios?

For example, I've seen phalanxs or warriors astonishingly wipe out a half-stack single handedly...

Not only that, but why is the order of play relevant to battle outcomes? For example, that same warrior above was instantly killed in the same confrontation after i conducted a battle elesewhere in the same turn....

What's in the program that determines all of this?
    "that's right, a SLAVER!!!"

It's all included in the Fuzzy-logic, that is used in CTP.

I can't really tell what that is but I will return with a link as soon as I find the stuff explaining all about it again.
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Found it.

http://www.geocities.com/jbtwuk/civctp.htm (John Bytheway's page).

Look under FLI systems, where he has attached a zipped worddocument.
      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

I don't think that the fuzzy logic is used for battle calculations, only for the AI.

The results of the battles will change when you play them in a different order because the random number generator will produce different values for the battle when others have preceded it.

Comment

Working...
        X