About the PBEM Mod...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the PBEM Mod...

Some people vote against PBEM Mod for the simple reason that they won't get the bonus points for having a fast win under the 100/150 turns.

I think we need to clear this debate.

I think the above claim in null for the following reasons:

a) You all play with the Ancient team in both 2x2 and 1x1 games. Thus any point reduction would apply by using the mod would affect all if the mod would be used in all games against the Ancient team so if you lose some points everybody will.

b) The default settings exclude any mod but they are simply a guide, and players can use different settings. There is no ban of any mod that has to be followed by all. I see no rule disregarding bonus points when PBEM Mod is used either so normally no point reduction should be in effect. But since that would be unfair for the other games that don't use the mod I would recommend the old rules of -3 points penalty or a new one that would increase the number of turn by 20-30.

c) I am not sure it would be certain or highly likely that you will beat me and Max in less than 150 turns to get that bonus

d) Most people that object to the use of the mod are relatively new to PBEM and probably have never played with the mod before. It's cool guys, it doesn't bite

e) The Ancient team will get the least points for winning fast than anybody else in case of point reduction thus we would begin with a disadvantage against all.

f) It is the game wins that really count and not the bonus points that only matter in draw (if there is any after all).

I wouldn't normally mind to play without it but I have a specific reason for asking about it in the games I (will) play. I need to finish all or most within the next 6 months and that can only be done with the PBEM Mod, 100% goods and a turn every 1/2 days. After that time my schedule will become overloaded and my speed or even the ability to participate in so many games simultaneously is highly uncertain. If you have no problem with that then I have no problem either. Otherwise let me know so I can be replaced now or if that's OK with you when that time comes.

I requested everyone to suggest options for a poll on this subject. (see the super league signup thread)

I think your point C above may be a suggestion for a poll option. Can you post over there any specific poll option you would like to see?
    If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Actually I think both of your suggestions in B) above are basically included in the proposal in the sign-up thread. At least that is if I add Hatschy's proposal. So I go create a poll now.
      If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

I think the options you added are adequate, only the last one is a bit to low practically nullifying the bonus for fast win.

Thanks for the poll

Comment

Working...
        X