New computer= New Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New computer= New Problems

I got a new computer recently with Windows XP and a 2.2 ghz Celeron Processor. My ctp game worked fine one my old computer with Windows 98 and a 550 mhz processor.(I post my system stats incase that is the reason to the error I'm about to state) Now, when I try to play on the new computer, the little white box error thingy pops up and I can't play. It won't even load teh first movie? Whats the problem and how can I fix it?
    Visit my site! Here!

Main part of the site isn't up, but the forums are nearly done. Here

what is the error?
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

It reads on the white box thingy 54AB-E646. Can anyone help me?
      Visit my site! Here!

Main part of the site isn't up, but the forums are nearly done. Here

Comment

Strange... Windows XP does seem to have problems with CTP, but I've never heard of anyone who couldn't even get to the movie. It's possible the movie itself is the problem, in which case start CTP without the CD in the drive, and it will skip the movie.

Comment

Highlight the ctp.exe file and right click it then go to properties then to make compatable then make it win98 compatable.
          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
          Or do we?

Comment

Yes the win98 compatibility setting worked for me when I had this problem.

But....

Then the game appeared to play pretty good. But now the problem I have is that it just freezes at random moments. CTP stops dead with no apparent reason. XP keeps running fine after I kill the ctp task?

Anybody seen/solved this one?
            If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

That could be bad ram did you down load the memtest?
              Or do we?

Comment

memtest? where was that?
                If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

i got the same problem with a new computer on OS X ... and much more ram ... ctp is slower ... much slower !

and impossible to play on an ethernet local network farer than 1400 ad !
                  ctp quits and says : not enough memeory, increase ...

increase ? gosh : i have 1giga of ram ...

on the old computer ( 256 ram ) and mac os 9, no problem at all but i have to say i never play multiplayer on that computer ... but the speed was much better ...
                  • slytherin forever •
                  http://www.wizardworkingonweb.net/

Comment

I have quite a similar problem. I used to run it on WinXP without any problems. But now, half a year later after re-installing it, it keeps crashing randomly and only runs with the compability mode (didnt need that before!) It's definitely NOT the RAM or the System (for i have tested my system carefully (not because of ctp..) with everything, including Memtest86). Even staging my system doesnt make any difference... i think it could be MS Service Pack1 for XP. But im also still hoping/looking for a solution to this problem....

Comment

A few things can cause this, check to make sure only basic stuff is running in the background.

Other reason's include but not limited to sb live cards, sis vid drivers.
                      Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                      X