Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

35 new units to upload. Anybody interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35 new units to upload. Anybody interested?

Hi everybody.
    I have 35 new units for CTP. They are actually copied/scanned/resized from other games like Starcraft, AoE etc. I was planing to come with a mod-pack, but my new job gives me not enough spare-time to deal with it.
    Is anybody interested in those units? how can I upload them to Apolyton? Is there any copy-right issues to take into consideration?
    The units are tested and functional. Each unit set includes .tga, unit and shade .tif's, .avi, GL texts, unit texts, and of course the sprite itself as well. Some of them require special advances, and the advance.txt and GL texts as well as the grafics are also ready.
    Some of the units are:
    Balloon (balloon transporter), Air Galley (balloon bombarder)
    Viking Trireme, Japan Trireme and Japan Battleship,
    Ballista, Battering Ram,
    Alien Engineer-Pod (a settler that can build cities on land, water and space), Alien Scout (like spy-plane, but does not need to tank. So it works like a sattelite), Alien Battlecruiser (a space-leviathan

so, what should I do with these units?

cheers,
    Alper

Hell yes!! email them direct, upload to Apolyton, anything. I WANT YOUR UNITS

*recovers composure*

Is the battering ram form AOE? I did that too.

Copywrite - NO who cares, there's Star wars, Star Trek, Lord Of The Rings scenarios for Civ2, no-one cares. To upload to Apolyton, try http://apolyton.net/ctp/files and there should be an upload option. If that doesn't work, try the CTP2 section, its more alive (barely) than CTP.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

yep, I have found the link to upload files. It is on the ctp2 section.
      It states however that it can take up to 4 weeks until the posted files appear on apolyton.
      So I have uploaded them all to my server. Sorry about the page design, I've done them in a few minutes.
      You can wait until the files appear on apolyton files section, or download them directly from:
      http://www.estetiksoft.de/ctpfiles/ctpunits.html

All download links have screenshots.
      I will remove the files from the above server as soon as they appear on apolyton.

Happy modifying
      Alper

Comment

Hi Saracoglu, I'd be happy to host your units on my website and make them available for anyone to download from there, if you would like.
        [This message has been edited by Fuzzball (edited May 01, 2001).]
        Live EVERY day like it's the best day of your life, and it will be.

Comment

Thanks Fuzzball, that'd be great. Should I send them all to you? You can also copy them from the estetiksoft.de (3,5 M in total)

Comment

The units are great Saracoglu. Thanks for the work.
            Ben
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thanx Sarcolgu. I've downloaded them and I'll be putting them up on the site in the next day or two. Love your work dude
              Live EVERY day like it's the best day of your life, and it will be.

Comment

Hey Alper

Did you know that "Units Page 2" links to Page 1? I only see 15 units and 3 advances. I just d/l'd them (the first half) and haven't looked at them yet but I'm sure they're great. Glad I visited this forum, haven't checked in here in a long time. What are the other units??

Thanks for all the hard work!

Comment

This is EXACTLY what I have been searching for...more units and more advances

BTW, did the second set ever get finished???
                  Have you been "shocked" lately?

Comment

Originally posted by shock
                    BTW, did the second set ever get finished???
                    The second page on his website now points to the second set of 23 units, so rejoice, and download new units

Comment

Thanks from me as well - you can never have too many units on offer. I'm glad this forum isn't totally dead.

Long live CTP!

John

Comment

Great units. They add depth to an already cool game
                        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

I dont know what to do with them to CTP1 but take a look at the CTP2 creation forum. Your units will play a major role to my Space Scenario.
                          More units are welcome .

PS: Hope you see this thread since your page is not being found anymore.
                          "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                          Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                          Kill all and you are a God!"
                          -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
                          X