"Fundemental" problem with Apolyton pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fundemental" problem with Apolyton pack

I'm a newbie, and the pack has breathed some life into this old game for me. It's great to play with a new set of "rules", UI, and against more AI opponents.

But I have a fundemental problem, or rather a few problems with the new Fundementalism advance/government.

Early on I got it by swopping advances with some other nation, and set up "Fundementalism" as my government.
    Then I saved the game, shut down and went to bed (Hard to do when playing CTP!)
    Next day, played some more, thought about changing my government, went to the dialog, and fundementalism wasn't an option (even though fundementalism was my current government!)
    Played a bit longer, another nation offered me fundementalism! Rejected, went to the science screen and saw that the game didn't think I'd discovered it even though my government was still fundementalist!
    Into the 21st century, I'm finally offered fundementalism as something I can research, and I choose it. After a few turns I check and it's 1 turn away from discovery. I click the "End" button and ... nothing. Still 1 turn away. End button again, still 1 turn away. ETC.

What am I doing wrong?

quote:

Originally posted by PN on 03-02-2001 07:16 PM
    Into the 21st century, I'm finally offered fundementalism as something I can research, and I choose it. After a few turns I check and it's 1 turn away from discovery. I click the "End" button and ... nothing. Still 1 turn away. End button again, still 1 turn away. ETC.

This is because it is the last advance in the advance.txt, so when you research it you would have nothing left to research, so the game tells you you haven't got there. This normally happens with Future physics 10 or something like that.

I don't know about why the game ignored it, was it a saved game from before you installed the Apolyton pack ?
    If so, it could be that. Otherwise, sorry i have no idea.

Ben

[This message has been edited by Immortal Wombat (edited March 03, 2001).]
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat on 03-03-2001 12:20 PM
      ...snip...
      I don't know about why the game ignored it, was it a saved game from before you installed the Apolyton pack ?
      If so, it could be that. Otherwise, sorry i have no idea.

Ben

No. I started the game with:

Single Player
      New Game
      Load Scenario
      Apolyton Pack
      24-user map
      German (not default American)

Then when I restart the game after saving, quitting, going to bed...:

All the above
      Save Game
      Load Game (with the game I saved the night before)

If I don't do the above and just try:

Single Player
      Load Game

then CTP crashes with or without the 1.21 patch. But that's another problem...

Comment

This problem has now gone away after I did a complete uninstall/reinstall, and I can also double-click PBEM and start up scenario games without having to load a "dummy" first. Thanks to anybody who tried to help.

Comment

Working...
        X