Ctp2 sprites in Ctp1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ctp2 sprites in Ctp1

I want to do a mod in Ctp1 with the new sprites from Ctp2, but I've noticed that the sprites from Ctp1 work in Ctp2 just fine, but not vice versa. If you try to use the new sprites in Ctp1, it works fine until you start a new game, when it dumps you to the desktop and says that it was expecting version 1.3 for the sprite you changed, and it got version 2.0.

Does anyone know how to either convert the 2.0 sprites back to 1.3 or how to extract the sprites into tif files so I can extract them and remake 'em using the sprite tool?

Thanks in advance!

MM

You might want to try the ctp2 forum and see if there is any way to extract the ctp2 sprite frames and if you can extract each tiff frame then you could use the ctp1 sprite maker program to get them to work for ctp 1. But other than that I don't think so.

------------------
    Gemini

Comment

No, the compression algorithm of CtP2 sprites is slightly different to that of CtP1 sprites, so there's no way to get CtP2 sprites to work in CtP1 (no, there's no unpacker or anything either). The other way around is no problem 'cause CtP2 was designed to handle both formats. Fortunately all the user-made sprites from CtP2 *do* work in CtP1 and there's a fair amount of those already available and many more are on their way...
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
      X