Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can i modify the starting resources for human player in a scenario?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i modify the starting resources for human player in a scenario?

hmm.. first of all, have to say thanks to those who are reading this message, since this is my first attempt to try to understand how to make a scenario. i've looked at the documentations on apolyton and still a bit confused. currently, i'm running the unpatched, original cd installed US version of the game, and i have not installed any mod/patch at all.
    i was wondering if it was possible to add gold and PW to a starting player in a scenario: i've searched the board and add in the following line in the script.slc

trigger 'addmegoldman' when (g.player && g.year == 0){
    addgold(g.player,1000000);
    }

and when i try to run my scenario, it gave me the slic error--->noname is not a known function. if anyone slic/mod/ctp programmer can help, i really would appreciate it~~

Thanx~
    Wing

Install the patch and hack and try again. It's really hopeless making scenario's without them. From the look of it, nothing's wrong with your SLIC code, so it must be in the way the files are set up. Hack and patch help solve these issues.

For setting PW to one million add this line between the addgold line and the '}':

Code:
    SetPW(g.player, 1000000);
    For adding one million PW add these lines:

Code:
    SetPlayer(1, g.player);
    SetPW(player.1, player.1.publicworkslevel + 1000000);
    I didn't test either of these so I might have left a bug somewhere, but I think it should work like this (the first thing is shorter and hence the chance of errors is smaller, try that first if you get to it ).
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
    X