Has anyone tried adding Mines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried adding Mines?

While placing a few listening posts, radar stations, and sonor boues, i noticed that when I swiched from land to sea, with the radar station selected an icon that I can only interprete as a mine showed up. I cold not place it anyware, but it gave me the idea of adding minefields as terain improvements (there seems to be an icon for a land mine also).
    I have, however, no idea how to make a minefield work in the game, and what effect it would have, ie. on game balance etc., but the fortification TI has a firepower of 0 so there might be something there.

Has anyone tired adding TI's with firepower? what about minefields as TI's?

Just a stray thoght.
    Martin the Dane
    Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
    Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Almost never created scenarios, but I think you can place anything, and it will work there, mines, fisheries, or etc. Not 100% sure, however.

------------------
    Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I thought I saw in the modification section under activision faq that they did mention something about a mine unit but it was pulled from the game before release. Sounds like due to a bug in the game the mine icon is still there. It'd be cool to have minefields but I can't find where you could implement them in the files to get them to work.

------------------
      Gemini

Comment

Well I tried several different things but now I give up. What I ended up with was the following, that seemd to work, but doesn't.

Code:
        INSTALLATION_MINES	{ 		
        PRODUCTION_COST 	150		
        PRODUCTION_TIME 	2		
        VISION_RANGE 	1		
        RADAR_RANGE 	0		
        ATTACK 	100		

FIREPOWER 	100		
        DEFENSE_BONUS 	0		
        ENABLING_ADVANCE	ADVANCE_MASS_PRODUCTION		

### FLAGS HERE			

#DEFAULT_SPRITE 	SPRITE_SONAR_BUOYS	#	  #id string of the default sprite

BUILD_SOUND_ID	SOUND_ID_SONAR_BUOYS		
        VISIBILITY_CLASS_0			

VISIBILITY_CAN_SEE_0	
        VISIBILITY_CAN_SEE_1	

IS_LISTENING_POST	
        INSTALLATION_WATER
        }
        It replaces the "sonar bouye" on the TI screen, in stead of adding a new TI as it should, no mater what IS_... I put in there or what sprites etc. I try to use. When attempting to place the Improvement it shows up both read and green at the right time, but when I place it it dissapears. I can't place a new one on top of it, so it must still be there.
        The TI has however no effect that I have found beside letting you put TI's beside it.

What am I missing? I did put a new line in both "tileimp.txt" and "tileimpicon.txt" and incremented the numbers in the tree files.

Martin the Dane
        Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
        Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Working...
        X