Making a New Scenario..need a little help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a New Scenario..need a little help please

I am new to making a scenario..I have read the readme file..and am stuck on this point......I have created my scenario pack..visible when I open up to load a scenario..but when I click there..I cannot find the next folder...

I have made a folder name scen0000..I have the packlist.txt..as well as the scenario.txt...the latter loaded into the scen0000 folder..just cannot get it to show up..
    any help would be greatly appreciated.

God Bless

Brother Bruce

Hi dr. Don't feel bad. I have the same problem. I hope some pro will come along and tell us how to solve it. good luck!!
    CB

Comment

Hi Doc, Could you please post the directory structure you are using. For example scenarios\myscenarios\scen0000\

Also, I'm not sure where you put the scenario.txt and packlist.txt files. Could you clarify please. Thanks.

------------------
      Gemini

Comment

I have this same problem and my directory for it is
        C:...Civilization\scenarios\example and then it has packlist.txt in this folder, and another folder named scen0000 which contains scenario.txt. Does this help at all?

Comment

Would you be able to post the text from both of those files. Packlist.txt and scenario.txt.

Remember that packlist.txt is suppose to have three lines and scenario.txt only two lines.

For example packlist.txt has
          1.scenario name
          2.scenario description
          3.the number of scenarios that can be played

and scenario.txt has everything but the number of scenarios that can be played.

------------------
          Gemini

Comment

They don't say anything, do I have to type that in myself, if I do, could you please tell me what to do?

Comment

That's what was causing the problem. The instructions are in the readme.txt that came with patch 1.2 for what you put in those files. I also outlined it in my previous post what goes in those but here is an exert from the readme file.

quote:

Step 2: Description files
              Every scenario pack needs a description of the pack. The name of this file is always packlist.txt, and resides in the main pack folder, so it will be ...\scenarios\MyScenarioPack\packlist.txt in this example. packlist.txt is a plain text file that always contains 3 lines: The name of the scenario pack, a description of the scenario pack, and the number of scenarios in the pack. For our example, create the file ...\scenarios\MyScenarioPack\packlist.txt now and enter these three lines:
              packlist.txt:
              My Scenario Pack This is a description of my scenario pack. My scenario pack rocks. 1
              Every individual scenario needs a description file too. The name of this file is scenario.txt and goes in the scenxxxx folder for the scenario. Scenario.txt consists of only two lines, the name of the scenario, and a description of the scenario. Remember the name you use here, it will be important later. Create this file for your first scenario now, it should be named ...\scenarios\MyScenarioPack\scen0000\scenario.txt . Put these lines in the file:
              scenario.txt:
              My First Scenario This is a description of my first scenario. I like scenarios.
              This says that your scenario's name is "My First Scenario". You will need to type it exactly the same later when we get to saved games.

------------------
              Gemini

Comment

ok thanks Gemini, I never really read the readme for it.

Comment

I used to be DrDanger a few years back. I just found out why I couldnt find the "2nd" page of the scenarios. This is it. In the packlist, the 3rd line should read 1 according to the README. But actually it should read "2" because the Example is actually the "1" scenario, the one you are making is actually "2". Hours and Hours and I have finally made this discovery!

Im on fire and fixing to really get on with "My Happiness" in other words, setting up a gamestyle my own way!

Yours In Civin

Troll
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                  X