Question for WesW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for WesW

Hey Wes. I tried to take the B-17 bomber graphics from MedMod3 and use them as the graphics for the bomber unit in MedMod4. I like it's smaller size better. Problem is...the sprite doesn't seem to work. In fact, it crashes the game. I noticed the sprite is only 2K in size which can't be right. What am I doing wrong? I used the sprite with the same index number as the .tga files (47 I believe?) and no go. I'd bet I have the wrong sprite but I'm not sure. Any idea?

Is that the sprite you want to replace from the mod. #47??? Sorry I haven't played the med mod yet so I'm not sure what unit is currently assigned to sprite id 47. But find out first what unit is currently using the # 47. If it's not the b-17 bomber wes may have changed the sprite id's when he made version 4 of the med mod.

------------------
    Gemini
    [This message has been edited by gemini (edited October 23, 2000).]

Comment

No, my understanding is that the B-17 was #47 (or something around that number) in MM3. I renamed it #114 for MM4 which is the index number for Bomber. I'm sure I screwed up somewhere.

If WesW ever finds this thread...I have a couple of other questions...why did you de-activate the cows, because the AI can't use them? Why did you give up on the Engineer unit and the cargo plane? Also...where did you get the graphics for the airborne and leathernecks and riflemen units? At first I thought they were part of Harlan's WWII set until I went back and looked at the set.

I'd like to see 3 levels of para units. "Airborne" would be regular infantry that can paradrop (I don't have these in my mod (for personal use only) of your mod but would like to, I need a sprite tho). Paratroopers would be paracapable elite troops (I modified your "airborne" to be this unit - extra attack and extra HP, I love the unit with the beret...looks very cool). The highest level would be Special Forces (the CTP Paratrooper sprite) which in my games are very expensive and have stealth and other cool things like sniping (sniping for me=a stealth unit with light bombard capability that can harass and wound enemy units without them knowing who's hitting them. I've used it and it's cool to see a stack leave a mountain fortified position I assume b/c they keep taking hits and can't tell where to strike back) and sabotage etc.

Comment

Post in the general forum since I think wes is more likely to see it.

------------------
        Gemini

Comment

Working...
        X