Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding new units and stuff for Civ:CTP

Hi all,

I've downloaded the aegis ship for Civ:CTP and after I add it - and I'm sure I done it right - the game screwed up and a massage says that he cant find the unit string.
    so if someone of you can write me how I can add units, or where I can find some txt file with the explantion I'll be real glad.
    so please retune to my e-mail or my ICQ for an answer,
    thanks Dr.Mor
    e-mail: drmor@internet-zahav.net

Hey Hellmaker,
    All this means is that you're missing the unit name in gl_str.txt, english/gl_str.txt.
    If your unit name was UNIT_PIRATE, , just add in UNIT_PIRATE "Pirate" somewhere in gl_str.txt.

Also you'll probably have to add in DESCRIPTION_UNIT_PIRATE "junkstr pirate", or whatever you've got after DESCRIPTION_UNIT in units.txt, in enlish/junk_str.txt. Inside both these files you'll see the rest of the UNIT's things and that'll show you what's going on.

Hope it helps,
    Dogmatrix
    Flying shields and no warm beer.

Comment

Hey, thanks alot!
      really alot...
      I once builded some units too Civ 2 and now I advenced to Civ:Ctp and stuck in this prob, so really its helps alot, thanks.
      Another thing, after I added my units and the game has been loaded properly, I tried to build the unit but when I pressed on it a massage appear outside the game and it was wrote: "not found in asset tree".
      what that means?

[This message has been edited by HellMaker (edited August 24, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
      X