Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I exclude units in single player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I exclude units in single player?

I like doing games w/o special units..How do I exclude them in single player?
    I can start a Multiplayer game..save it to single..but can I do it in Single player only?

As far as I know, you would have to edit units.txt. I believe there is a flag called CANT_BUILD but don't quote me on the spelling, you would add that flag to all the units you don't want to be built in your game.

------------------
    Gemini

Comment

Do you know where the file is located?..Thanks for any help!

Comment

In your activision call to power directory, it's in ctp_data > default > gamedata. I would suggest also looking into downloading easymod, it's a gui that pulls alot of files in for easy editing(including units.txt).

Comment

I second suggestion to download easymod for editing those files. Just got it few days ago and have been cursing myself ever since for not using it sooner.

Comment

I remember something about wonders and the fact u cant just not build flag them or outfile them. Think u have to delete them completely from the wonders .txt, then change the # total at top of the .txt.

Something else u could do is make prerequisite for building them a future tech. Then wouldnt be available until very last turns of game. Not sure how that would affect AI though.

Comment

It shouldn't cause a problem for the ai. Good idea though.

------------------
              Gemini

Comment

Thanks Milkman and Gemini.That did the trick...Best deal I have seen yet..using EasyModd.. for Modding..just put a CANT_BUILD under the Flags section and its off we go... ..except for Wonders..wonder why that is? It crashes when you use this for the Wonders....hmmmm..
                [This message has been edited by DrDanger (edited August 13, 2000).]
                [This message has been edited by DrDanger (edited August 13, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                X