Any Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ideas

I know a few people have suggested going to the Civ2 place but I can't seem to get any info from there. All I'm looking for is a few Dwarven technologies and maybe some ideas for units.

Any ideas would be welcome

Dogmatrix
    Flying shields and no warm beer.

Various levels of axemen (axeDwarves?) and crossbowmen, better and better mining technology, their seige technology should be the best in the game and get better with tech.
    Any flames in this message are solely in the mind of the reader.

Comment

Their mines should be superior, and even a Miner might be interesting. The neat thing about Dwarves is that (unlike Elves) I always pictured them with basically Human tech, and even a bit superior. Might just require different looking units.

Also take into account that the Dwarves have an armor superior to steel: Adamantium. Might come in handy....
      "I do not pretend to know that which the less educated and less intelligent are certain of." -- T.H. Huxley

Comment

Cool ideas guys!
        I'd thought about going somewhere like that with the dwarves, and I've recently gotten hold of a warhammer book that I should be able to get some ideas from .
        As for the rest, its moving slowly, as I've recently gotten hooked on making level for Unreal Tournament.

Anyway see ya's later,

Dogmatrix

Comment

If you really have time to spare, you could do a whole "Lord of the Rings" themed world. I mean, it would only take you about a year....

Hobbits, anyone?

Dan

------------------
          Just a thought......
          Just a thought......

Comment

I'd do that except, like you said, it'd take about a year and the one I'm making is already taking a while, mainly because I'm slack .

Dogmatrix

Comment

Let me guess - you keep getting distracted by actually playing the game rather than testing it?

I suppose the dwarves would have greater movement through mountains and hills (well, under them actually!), maybe with some sort of extra attack/defense bonus when in these locations?

Dan

------------------
              Just a thought......
              Just a thought......

Comment

You're right

Oh well I hope I get some homework free time soon or I'll burst :MAD:

Just kidding.
                However I did have enough time to do some more work, mainly creating the tech tree further.

See ya's later,
                Dogmatrix

Comment

Working...
                X