Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a map of the Eastern USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a map of the Eastern USA?

Yep! I am still working on my mod and I found out that it covers just the right time span to do a "American Civil War" Scenario. All I need though would be a map of the Eastern USA. I can place the cities for myself, but I have no decent map to draw one. Also while I am at it, a map of Europe would be cool to. This way I could also do a "Napoleon" Scenario. If you have any of these maps, please mail me: atahualpa@gmx.at

Maybe some could use the Railroad Tycoon Map and convert it. As I have seen there is a tool to do such a conversion. I think its in the Apolyton CtP Files database. I dont have RRT

Of course you will be listed in the credits section.
    Ata

Ata,

I don't have RRT but if you know of a Civ2 map you want, I can convert that for you. Just need to know the map, size you want and whether you want basic trade items or Nordicus' new trade items as found in Wes' new Med Mod.

As for Europe, Civ2 has at least 25. Pick one and let me know.

------------------
    Don,
    CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

[This message has been edited by skorpion59 (edited May 18, 2000).]
    Don,

Comment

Ata,
      I've got RRT2, what's this tool you're talking about?

Big Dave

Hehe, adapt, improvise, overcome!!!
      Any flames in this message are solely in the mind of the reader.

Comment

He's talking about the Map Utility Program V1.1. Unfortunately, the CtP maps it produces don't work. The pics are okay but the underlying code (terrain characteristics) were left out.
        Don,

Comment

skorpion: Any map you find suitable for an American civil War scenario works. The map should range (west-east) Texas-East Coast and (north-south) canadian border-cuba.
          As for size I think the larger the better, but well. I let that open for you to decide. As for Europe, whats with the one, that comes with the official "Napoleon" Scenario in Civ2. Can you convert this?
          That would be really helpful! Thanks a lot!

Big Dave: Thanks for your support, unfortunately, like skorpion say the maps dont work (I didnt know this too). But thanks anyway.

Ata

Comment

Ata,

I pulled the map out of the Napoleon Scenario. On sizes, I can convert them up to 140x280 (possibly bigger but I have only put in the code to go up to this size so far). That gives a good size of 70x140, 100x200, 120x240 or 140x280, whats your pleasure? To reach the highest audience, I still can't recommend anything past 70x140. It takes more power than most people have.

I haven't found an Eastern USA I like yet but I will look some more today for you.
            Don,

Comment

Of all the EastUSA maps I found, none give what you want. The best ends North at Great Lakes, South at Florida and West at East Texas border (no Texas at all).

If anybody has RRT and would be willing to email me an EasternUSA map from that I would appreciate it. I could probably convert that to CtP.
              Don,

Comment

What format do you want that map in, Don?

Big Dave

Comment

Big Dave,

The original RT2 .map format if you can do that. And the smaller it is, the better. The problem with RT2 maps is size. Back when I first started looking into them, most were in the 250x250 to 500x500 size. You can convert maps up easily but you can't convert them down so I really haven't done much with them. (Actually, you probably can but I haven't got into the mathmatical formulas for downsizing, just upsizing.)

Out of curiosity, can you convert between the RT2 .map and the RT2-TSC .mp2 formats with just RT2?

[This message has been edited by skorpion59 (edited May 21, 2000).]
                  Don,

Comment

Skorpion: Thanks a lot, you are great! I think either 100x200 or 120x240. I guess 120x240 is better. If you could mail this to me: atahualpa@gmx.at I would be very thankful.
                    As for Eastern USA. I guess the one without Texas still fits. Wait, I think there was an American Civil War Scenario included in one of the Civ2 expansion packs. The map wasnt that bad, with some fixing here and there I think this could fit. Do you have that map?

Thanks again,
                    Ata

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by skorpion59 on 05-21-2000 02:11 AM
                      Big Dave,

The original RT2 .map format if you can do that. And the smaller it is, the better. The problem with RT2 maps is size. Back when I first started looking into them, most were in the 250x250 to 500x500 size. You can convert maps up easily but you can't convert them down so I really haven't done much with them. (Actually, you probably can but I haven't got into the mathmatical formulas for downsizing, just upsizing.)

Out of curiosity, can you convert between the RT2 .map and the RT2-TSC .mp2 formats with just RT2?

[This message has been edited by skorpion59 (edited May 21, 2000).]

I don't think you can do that with just RRT2 Don, sorry. I've got to re-image my home system tomorrow, I'll get one of those maps zipped up and off you you (or Ata?) by the weekend.

Big Dave

Comment

No not to me, I cant convert.

Skorpion, I will be sending you the Civ2 Civil War map soon (I have to search through all the hundreds of CDs that lie around) for converting. If you could make a good size. Not too big but well so that everything fits on it nicely.

Ata

Comment

Ata,

I have been looking as well but didn't think anything fit. Early this morning, I finally found one in my Civ2 BestONet2 CD which I will convert and see how it comes out. (I hear you about the 'going through hundreds of CDs' part. I ran across a lot of stuff I had forgot all about.)

Go ahead and send me whatever you find, it might be better than what I have.

As a last resort, I have thought about adding code which will split a map in half (fourths, etc). Then I could enlarge just that portion of the map. However, this seems like a lot of work considering CtP2 will obsolete everything I have done.

[This message has been edited by skorpion59 (edited May 23, 2000).]
                          Don,

Comment

Sent it to you. I played this scenario once and I think it should do well. Maybe I have to do some tweaks with cuba and that stuff but for everything else it should work fine. Please choose a quite large size!

ata

Comment

Ata,

I have not got it yet. My CtPMaps access/info has been in limbo for a while so try sending it to donhb@netzero.net.
                              Don,

Comment

Working...
                              X