Map Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Problem

I have used the Maputil program to export a map, enlarge it, and import it again. All was fine and dandy, it lost all the resources, all deep oceans, and some tiles weren't what they used to be. That was expected and despite that I love the program.
    That is until I discovered that all shallow water on the map was being treated as some type of land. Now when I placed the resources down it placed crabs, but when I went to add tile improvements it wouldn't let me place fisheries, instead it would let me place farms (I discovered that on accident). I doesn't come up with the red fisheries icon it is blank, unless I click on a land TI, then it will turn green and let me place it (I guess I didn't actually try to place it as I was afraid it would crash or something).
    I found that if I redo the shallow and beaches it sees it as water again. It is a pain and I thought I would mention it.

PS- It also wouldn't let me place water units (but I didn't try to place land units).

------------------
    Yours in gaming,
    ~Elucidus
    Yours in gaming,
    ~Luc

Elu,

Yeah, I have commented on this quite a few times. You can not use CtP maps created by the MapUtil program.

To make a loooong story short, the map tiles are divided into about 6 layers. The top layer is the picture and the rest contain the characteristics. The MapUtil program only copies the picture layer correctly. The actual characteristics information is no good. To put the correct info in each tile, you have to manually set new terrain in each and every tile.

------------------
    Don,
    CtPMaps at Apolyton
    Don,
    CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

All the land tiles SEEM to be working fine. I'll have to further test the map. Thanks for the info.

------------------
      Yours in gaming,
      ~Elucidus
      Yours in gaming,
      ~Luc

Comment

Yes, they do look like land but you don't get the individual characteristics, ie. mountains, hills, etc. All tiles on the map have the same features.

------------------
        Don,
        CtPMaps at Apolyton
        Don,
        CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Working...
        X