Plague and Volcanism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plague and Volcanism

Is there any way in CTP to simulate random natural disasters? I was just thinking that the bubonic plague really changed history in the old world (as did a small pox in the new), and a volcano wiped out the Minoan civ. Can SLIC do this?

It's possible to simulate random events with the SLIC-function Random(), but how would you like this to be implemented exactly? If a city is struck by the plague or hit by a vulcano, what should happen? SLIC can't do just anything, so if random events are possible mainly depends on what random events exactly you are talking about and on how you want them implemented. E.g. if you want a decrease in pop, that's possible (I think), but if you want to destroy city-improvements, that isn't possible.

Locutus
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I made a small "Black Death" scenario for my own amusement...Grim Reapers representing the plage sweep accross Europe as high attack barbarian "helicopters" that can be built extremely quickly...consider that the barbarians will build in a city whatever they captured that city with and you have a formidable epidemic or bioweapon for a scenario...
      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

*bump*
        Existence is Futile.

Comment

Welcome back.

Back to work Thomas - ther's a lot of stuff to be done.
          First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Hey, BirdMan...

How's it going, man?

------------------
            "There can be no maximum of creation without a concomitant maximum of destruction, no supreme good without supreme evil"--Heller, paraphrasing Nietzsche.

"The more passion for the argument, the less evidence for it"--Russel.

"If you don't agree with me, you're in denial."
            Existence is Futile.

Comment

Working...
            X