How to allow >8 civs in a scenario?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to allow >8 civs in a scenario?

I'm wrapping up the SLIC code to automatically populate the starting world with cities, but I'm having problems increasing the number of allowable civs in the world.

Like Markos suggested in apolyton.net/ctp/features/acs-preview/modifications.shtml, I tried bumping up the "NumPlayers" option to 16. But every time I start CTP, it crashes as soon as I select the "Number of Players" button. I'm assuming that there is an error in displaying the dialog to select the Civ for the player.

Any tips would be appreciated. What is the upper allowable limit for the number of Civs in a game?

------------------
    "Barbarism is the natural state of mankind... Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always triumph."
    "Barbarism is the natural state of mankind... Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always triumph."

Make the change in your userprofile.txt file. When launching the game, you will notice on the 'number of civs' button the (number -1) that you entered in the userprofile.txt file. Do not touch the button - just launch the game. It took me awhile to figure that one out too.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

OK, I was on the right track and didn't know it.

Thanks. What is the maximum number of civs you can have in the game -- with the Apolyton pack?

------------------

Comment

In the original (out of the box) game it was 32, and I don't think the Apolyton Pack or anything else changed that value.
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
        X